No announcement yet.

Revenue Canada - "Separated"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those still dealing with this, ask to speak with a manager at CRA, or go to your local MP and get their case manager involved.

Have it noted in your file that you have provided documents and they won't keep asking you again.

Comment

• Well here we go again...they have just reassesed me yet again. Took away my 2013 dependent credit and I now owe them $3000 back. They also sent me a "preassessment" for my 2014 taxes. I called and asked why I have to keep providing them with the same information year after year and appeal after appeal.... The lady on the phone said they don't keep the documents...[emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• But....they keep the info for moms, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by involveddad75 View Post
          For those still dealing with this, ask to speak with a manager at CRA, or go to your local MP and get their case manager involved.

Have it noted in your file that you have provided documents and they won't keep asking you again.

I've sent my MP an email. Probably won't get read.

Comment

• Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
            But....they keep the info for moms, apparently.

No doubt

Comment

• We just dealt with this two months ago WITH our MP. We have to prove our entitlements every year despite a well worded court order.

Our MP was apologetic. At least they offered to fax in our orders and SA's as every time it costs us $40 in photocopying and postage.

Comment

• I send everything to the CRA via courier with proof of delivery. They still lose documents, and conveniently the person who signs for it signs under the name "revenue canada" or "CRA" rather than using a real name to establish a paper trail.

The MP can help. Going to the minister of national revenue asking why his department misplaced my papers 3x, and here's the Canada Post proof of deliveries, will get you a resolution quite quickly.

Comment

• The MP got back to me and a I signed the authorization form last week.

Today I heard back that my appeal has been granted. They also told me that my order and agreement are in my file and they would be forwarded to the preassessment team regarding my 2014 taxes.

I wonder what will be next lol.

Comment

• Just got notified that they have denied me the dependent credits for 2014 based on the fact that I am a child support payor. They even sent me back a copy of my agreement for my reference (which they previously claimed they didn't have). How nice of them.

Filed my 5th appeal within seconds of getting the letter. I'm 4/4 on my appeals now, 2 of which for this exact same thing. Seriously how ridiculous is this?

For those that will ask my agreement and order clearly states.

Mother pays cs based on income and table of xxxx
                    Father pays cs based on income and table of xxxx

Comment

• You almost wonder if you should start sending in a copy of the appeals decision with your taxes..... that is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
                        You almost wonder if you should start sending in a copy of the appeals decision with your taxes..... that is pretty ridiculous.
                        I just got off the phone with the appeals division. They have given me the Chief Of Appeals phone number unfortunately she is on vacation until next week. Hopefully this can speed up the process as appeals are taking 4-6 months currently. I'd like to get my money sooner rather than later if possible.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X