This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worded that wrong billie.

We decided to separate in June 07, I moved out Aug 15 and the 50/50 schedule began immediately. She came over and dropped a bag with 3 boxes of Kraft dinner, saying she knew I'd need help with the bills, here.

From then until fall of 09 she paid nothing and did nothing except stall with her lawyer and take months to provide her financials. I sent an offer last March asking for about half of what the table amount offset would have been. She didn't reply for 6 months, and then wanted a better deal and not to pay arrears. So in Sept I filed with the court and she gave her first support cheque ever in October, over two years after we separated, the day after she was served.

Comment

Let me know how things turn out Mess.

I was in a similar situation almost three years ago. Separated in March 2007 and didn't receive child support until December 2008. My lawyer at the time didn't ask for any retroactive child support because I was encouraged "to look forward" instead of back. In the meantime I was stuck with a line of credit that was almost $10,000. Table amount for child support was supposed to be $1475 per month.

Comment

Nadia,

Did you get anything for child support or no support from mar 2007 to dec 2008?
        I can't believe anyone would think that's ok that the other parent not pay support for over a year and a half!!!!
        Is it too late to seek retro pay now?
        At the case conference, can the judge make an order for retro and start of cs?

Comment

No, didn't get a single penny. But we managed, I sold my jewelry, some furniture on ebay and borrowed the rest on the line of credit.

Comment

What is your current situation? Joint, shared custody? Have you taken things to court etc? I just don't understand...

Comment

I probably should not hijack the thread started by "Mess", so I will send you a private message instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadia View Post
                I probably should not hijack the thread started by "Mess", so I will send you a private message instead.
                Private messages don't contribute to the forum - keep it public!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X