Exhibits on 14B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibits on 14B?

Can you add exhibits on a 14B motion or do you have to submit a supporting affidavit containing those exhibits?

14Bs have changed recently so both What and Why are included, however as far as I know a 14A is still required. Do tried and true.

For the 14B as of December 2021 the form is not sworn so that also indicates the 14A is required.

Proper form when referring to the exhibits is needed.

Also, someone hopefully can confirm: if a 14B is submitted and the reply is a 14B + 14A then the submitter can respond again.
    If the reply is just a 14A then all responses stop.
    Last edited by pinkHouses; 04-25-2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Most procedural orders don't need a sworn statement.
      You're looking for a disclosure order, permission to bring a motion, simple orders...
      What OP is looking for would not be done through a 14b motion.

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
        Most procedural orders don't need a sworn statement.
        You're looking for a disclosure order, permission to bring a motion, simple orders...
        What OP is looking for would not be done through a 14b motion.
        Exhibits are sworn statements. There entry as evidence is also sworn (14A) I don't know if it is required they are sworn but it makes sense.

I see rules for 14A submission allowed pages. 3 pages narrative, 5 pages of evidence. I do not see anything about allowed page length for a 14B evidence.

The OP has exhibits, are you saying they can attach exhibits directly to the 14B motion?

I pointed to a case in a different thread where the motion for summary judgement was done via a 14B motion.

From what I have seen the worst that can happen is that they reply comes through, a judge says it is too complicated file for a full motion.
        Last edited by pinkHouses; 04-26-2022, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X