Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSAG_when the higher amount applies

Hi,
    I am just wondering when does the judge rule on the higher side? is it always they go towards the high side?

myself and the SBTX are working. SBTX has took only mat leave for the first born. the second born she spent few month and then interrupted the mat leave and went to work.

thanks

thanks

Most of the time if they are following the SSAG the usual would be the median amount for the median amount of time (half the duration of the marriage in most cases).

Sometimes it is OK to give the higher amount but for a shorter period of time, or to give a lower amount but for longer.

But entitlement to spousal support is not automatic if she has the training, education and experience to support herself she should be back to work as soon as it is reasonable.

Comment

My lawyer told me one of the very few instances where "high end" spousal support would be considered is when the recipient has a very large *negative* NFP.

Comment

When I was sitting in the court room the guy who made 45K was hit with a $1200 SS for indefinite time. He knocked up his gf of 3 months. The judge didn't even look at the papers, just asked how much money that garbage divorcemate software calculated, and as the guy was self-repped, only the woman's (free) lawyer had that so she said "$1200" and the judge awarded that during the 5 minutes case conference. It was disturbing. (

Comment

Originally posted by BitHunter View Post
          When I was sitting in the court room the guy who made 45K was hit with a $1200 SS for indefinite time. He knocked up his gf of 3 months. The judge didn't even look at the papers, just asked how much money that garbage divorcemate software calculated, and as the guy was self-repped, only the woman's (free) lawyer had that so she said "$1200" and the judge awarded that during the 5 minutes case conference. It was disturbing. (
          That's scary.. this is a real problem, is divorcemate so versatile That it caters to Amy situation? Is anyone cross examining the data entered is correct?

Comment

Is that reviewed at a final hearing? In Québec intérim judgements are reviewed at the final hearing

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X