No announcement yet.

Child Support questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provide full financial disclosure, calculate what the proper amount should be, and offer/pay that amount. If they don't believe the amount to be true, it'll be a trial issue regardless. But at least you'll be going in with cleaner hands.

When was the last time you had access? When it stopped, why wasn't an urgent motion brought right away? OCL will delay things, but may be necessary. Trial is what you need asap.

Comment

I already provided all the financial disclosure when we had the first conference back in last summer and I will based on my income to calculate the amount to settle.

Long story short, my ex didn't let me see my kid when COVID first started because my work requires travel all around the city. I demanded to see my kid and she filed an urgent motion to stop my access as she claims my kid doesn't feel safe alone with me. The judge at our last case conference gave me a temporary order to see my kid 3 hours in the community every other weekend. After the conference , I start to see my kid every 2 weeks for 3 hours and we hang out in the park. I still remember my kid run to me and asked me why I haven't go visit for so so long. My ex and I live 2 hours apart, it is very exhausting for long driving and stay in the cold for 3 hours. but at least I get to see my kid and spend time together.

OCL does slow the process down, but I hope the clinician can see the truth. We still do not know the date for disclosure conference yet. Do you know if judge will be present during OCL disclosure conference? if not, what is happen next?

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefundad View Post
        Do you know if judge will be present during OCL disclosure conference? if not, what is happen next?

No judge is present. Only the OCL, the parties and the lawyers.

Comment

Thanks Dad905.
          My ex’s lawyer said they will wait for the OCL final disclosure and there is no active motions before court. I guess we will wait and see what’s happen next.

Comment

OCL will simply read their recommendations. Work with your ex right away at the end of the meeting to reinstate your access. If they're delaying, and assuming it's in your favour, book a motion right away once you get the actual OCL report.

Comment

I will definitely do that. Thank you guys for all your supports and share your knowledge. Will draft a motion while waiting for the meeting.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X