Status Quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status Quo

If a custody access situation has been occurring for a while (i.e. a little over a year or so) with one person having taking primary care of the kids and no court order— can an eligible argument be made for status quo? Dad was not super involved. After the lawyers got involved he utilized his access to the max and is now not really seeing the kid How long does a situation have to be to be consider this status quo? Is it anything over 6 months ?everyone keeps saying the longer the stronger it is. Can anyone refer me to some status quo case law?
    I also want to make a point that I want the kids dad involved and understand it’s in his best interest to have two parents. Unfortunately the ex isn’t very involved and I am just thinking of ways to end this litigation situation sooner more cost effective then possible. Thank you to you all in advance for your valuable advice and insight.

If you want to end the litigation send your ex a reasonable offer to settle which spells out acceptable access.

Comment

I have. I have tried to make a reasonable offer that my lawyer said would be the likely outcome but he’s not on board. Then I made another offer that was even better that should have been accepted right away but he’s still not happy. I’m just very tired so I was trying to think what the easiest way to approach this to the courts would be. Someone suggested status quo which has been happening for a while so I thought why not ask this forum.

Comment

I'm a bit in the same boat but my situation was more complicated due to no-contact order and mental illness.. I was told that even after 18 months, it's not a done deal. He can do that just to keep some form of control..

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X