Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySupportCalculator vs DivorceMate

Hello everybody,

I wonder how Ontario courts treat reports from MySupportCalculator vs DivorceMate? In theory they should produce identical results, as both use same engine. In practice my ex is represented by lawyer who produced report that shows 2.5 times more in monthly support payments than identical numbers and identical children counts as MySupportCalculator.
    I have a feeling that the lawyer of my ex either with bad intent or due to lack of knowledge somehow "tuned up" some of the DivorceMate configuration so that it produces wrongful results.

There is a link on Ontario courts to MySupportCalculator, but they don't say that courts will use those reports as evidence. Anyone have experience and if possible case reference?

Also, as wrong as it would sound, anybody have divorcemate key/software? I contacted their firm to purchase software legally, but apparently they won't sell it to me unless I am a lawyer. I am new to this, but I am at loss how could the software that is used by lawyers and courts may not be available for self represented citizens?

Thank you

Originally posted by dad4kids View Post
    Hello everybody,

I wonder how Ontario courts treat reports from MySupportCalculator vs DivorceMate? In theory they should produce identical results, as both use same engine. In practice my ex is represented by lawyer who produced report that shows 2.5 times more in monthly support payments than identical numbers and identical children counts as MySupportCalculator.
    I have a feeling that the lawyer of my ex either with bad intent or due to lack of knowledge somehow "tuned up" some of the DivorceMate configuration so that it produces wrongful results.

There is a link on Ontario courts to MySupportCalculator, but they don't say that courts will use those reports as evidence. Anyone have experience and if possible case reference?

Also, as wrong as it would sound, anybody have divorcemate key/software? I contacted their firm to purchase software legally, but apparently they won't sell it to me unless I am a lawyer. I am new to this, but I am at loss how could the software that is used by lawyers and courts may not be available for self represented citizens?

Thank you
    Same company FYI. MySupportCalculator is the free to use version and DivorceMate is the expensive more detailed version.

For simple incomes where there is one T4, no self-employment etc... MySupportCalculator is basically all you need. They will net exactly the same result.

As Kisno said in another thread already... If you have a complex financial situation then DivorceMate will be used as it has more inputs to the final calculations.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X