This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very confused ~Default hearing

So I called the court house this morning to get an update on the default hearing yesterday. I am so confused right now. The FRO counsel negotiated repayment less than the ongoing support. He is $16,000 and 19 months behind, and they are letting him off with paying less than the court ordered monthly amount starting Jan 2011.

How can this be? I thought they could not settle on a lesser amount than the court order? The lady at the court house suggested calling my case worker, but I know that is a waste of time. She had no idea why things were handled the way they were yesterday, and seemed equally confused.

He has also been given 30 days to file some papers (I forget now what they are) and he is to go back to court in March (not sure what for though).

This is nuts.

Maybe the repayment is assumed to be *in addition to* the regular ongoing support?

Comment

That was my first thought.

Comment

Thats what I thought too. However, the lady I spoke with read from the court documents which stated he was to start making payments in the amount of XXX starting Jan 1, 2011. The amount is approximately $300 less than the court ordered amount. I was also shocked they were giving him 5 weeks to come up with this lower amount. The whole thing is weird. They basically gave him permission to be 20 months behind.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X