X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substitutional Service

Hi,
    I went to serve the Application form 8A for Simple Divorce to the lawyer of my spouse who
    sent me a letter last year mentioning that separation has taken place and I should not contact
    my spouse. Now since 1 year is over of separation period, I visited the lawyer's office but
    he did not accept service saying that he is not the retained lawyer for my spouse. Since I have
    no way of serving the documents to my spouse as I have no contact details or whereabouts about
    her, I applied to the Court asking to dispense with service. The Juge sent me a letter that
    he cannot allow to dispense with service with the material provided and I must resubmit my
    application.
    My question is: Do I have to fill out my Affidavit Form 14A, 14B and 14D again? In Form 14B,
    Laws and rules on which you are relying, what is the rule I have to fill out if I am asking
    the court for allowing me to use substitutional service?
    For 14D, asking for the Order I would like court to make, since I am asking for Substitutional
    service, do I have to specify that I am asking for being allowed to place an advertisement of
    Public Notice in the newspaper? What should I mention here?
    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X