Disclosure question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disclosure question

As many of you know, I have been stuck in litigation with my ex for the past 10 years with no issues settled. We have a seventh arb date coming up in the next few months and I’m not holding my breath it will actually occur. I have over the years provided all requested disclosure. My ex has not and there is an outstanding court order re: disclosure he has been ordered to produce but to this point has failed to do.

I recently received notice that he has switched lawyers again ( #8 I believe). This lawyer obviously has not read the file and is requesting an insane amount of disclosure ( all the relevant disclosure which has been produced long ago and on multiple occasions). In addition they are requesting financial disclosure, credit card statements, bank statements, tax returns and NOA’s for the last five years of our marriage, BEFORE the date of separation! We are talking 15 years ago! None of this is relevant to our court proceedings. I have already disclosed all the financial information from the date of separation to present which is relevant.
    None of his other lawyers ever requested financial information for the last 5 years of our marriage. Is this normal?

I wouldn't provide any additional information beyond what you have already given. Sounds like a sorry waste of time and not "normal" at all. What is the rationale behind asking for financial information before the date of separation which was 15 years ago? Your ex should be asking for his file to be transferred every time there is a change in lawyers. I would simply reply that he has already been provided with all relevant financials and that further disclosure prior to year ___ will not be given.

PS Note that my opinion is based on common sense not case-law.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X