Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex keeps calling CAS on me. Can I sue or something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex keeps calling CAS on me. Can I sue or something?

Hi, I have 4 kids, all teens. Difficult at the best of times to parent. Ex enjoys calling CAS claiming I'm being negligent in some way or another.

Kids want nothing to do with her. and I am not negligent. Every time CAS has been here. they close the matter.

How do I make this stop, can i sue for harassment ?

Have you asked cas to designate a worker to your file that everything goes to and then they can manage it?

You may have to speak to the police about it.

Comment

CAS will figure it out soon enough. Police won't get involved. Everyone has a right to call CAS and every call needs to be followed up. Just let her hang herself and keep calling. They don't jump too quick when teens involved or ex partners.

Comment

What kind of allegations does she make?

Comment

I've had similar experiences. My ex has made numerous reports to various CAS agencies over the past several years. In all cases, the files were eventually closed.

I don't think there is anything you can do to stop him/her calling and making reports of abuse / harm, but the CAS agencies catch on fairly quickly to this behavior and can decide not to investigate. The calls will be documented in the file each time, and in some cases CAS will send warning letters to the person making the unfounded reports.

Depending on whether or not your case proceeds, the CAS records will typically be requested and can be helpful in front of a judge.

Comment

Originally posted by ninehundredt View Post

Depending on whether or not your case proceeds, the CAS records will typically be requested and can be helpful in front of a judge.
            This!

I have been the butt of all these calls as well from my ex-husband. It gets very annoying why they keep opening/closing the file! Ugh.

But having their reports will be valuable for the court.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X