Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:47 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

I think it all depends on the type of relationship you and your partner currently have. With my boyfriend, all our finances are basically co-mingled. There isn't one bill that is just mine, nor his. For us, this includes child support and any expenses the children have.

We basically know what our monthly bills are, when we get paid it all goes into a joint account and then I allocate where the money has to go (he isn't great with money, nor with the computer for online payments). His CS is paid out of an account in his name only, but there are some months I pay it and other months he does. Either way, our bills stay pretty steady each month, and if I am not paying the CS, I am paying something else, or vice versa. For us it all depends on when our pay periods fall and when the bills are due.

But no step parent should be expected to help with CS payments, in my opinion CS should be included in the monthly bills, however not everyone will see it that way.
Closed Thread