Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

* double post *
Old 07-23-2012, 09:04 PM

I will be unrepresented and must file 2 motions, in separate court matters re: my eex. One is Family Court. I msged ex and asked, is "lawyer's name" still your lawyer?

He replied "yes." I don't believe anything he says really, so I sent a brief email to ex's lawyer last week. I simply inquired as to whether he was still the solicitor on record for ex. (We have exchanged a few emails before, in the past). Well, ofcourse he has ignored my simple request. I merely need him to confirm whether or not he is still ex's counsel. Furthermore, he shows up under 3 separate addresses, so I'd need the correct address to serve him.

Does he have to answer me? I'm going to have to send a 2nd request. Is there anything under the F.L.A., or rules that says he must answer me?

Thank-you!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:22 PM

FamilyBlah is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Send it to that lawyer. You should be notified if there is a change.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:40 PM

Thx. But "that" lawyer seems to have 3 different addresses. I won't be using a process server so I need to know "where" to serve him.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:43 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
Thx. But "that" lawyer seems to have 3 different addresses. I won't be using a process server so I need to know "where" to serve him.
Can you maybe get a friend to phone his advertised number and ask where his office is?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:53 PM

FamilyBlah is on a distinguished road

Do you have a Continuing Record with a cover?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 PM

Thx Rioe, I'll try that. This lawyer is weird and so is his assistant. It's just the 2 of them. Everything is cloak and dagger.

Fblah: no I don't. :s
Old 12-19-2012, 09:09 AM

Can a Motion to change/vary an existing (custody/access) order address several points?

Father doesn't see child anymore and I would like to amend the wording re: travel w/child, that I simply need to advise OP of (any) travel details, but not seek his permission. This communication would be made via email.

I also need to file (I'm not sure which document) a request for extension (of time) to recv SS. How soon (ahead of time) does that need to be done, when there's a time limit on it? I have had a material change of circumstance since the Trial, and in the months following that time.

Thanks for any thoughts/info.
Closed Thread