Table Amount Adult Child Graduate or Professional School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Amount Adult Child Graduate or Professional School

Child over age of majority has completed undergraduate school and is accepted to veterinary school away and will only live with mother for 2 months during summer.

Court Order provides for table and s7 expenses during undergraduate education. Court Order provides " there may be a review" if child opts to continue education beyond undergraduate education to determine whether support and section 7 obligation should be continued.

I am planning to voluntarily continue contributing significantly to section 7 - university, housing, auto , food etc.

Ex will likely seek the review in order to receive continuation of table amount.

Is there any discernible pattern concerning whether table amount continues during second degree ( professional school) where the adult child only lives with the parent for 2 months during summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that ive seen unless you both have graduate/doctoral degrees and/or make over $150,000 per year. Good luck to mom. If you're paying kids living expenses at school you aren't responsible for home costs too.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      Not that ive seen unless you both have graduate/doctoral degrees and/or make over $150,000 per year. Good luck to mom. If you're paying kids living expenses at school you aren't responsible for home costs too.

Thank you for your comments

Comment

Congratulations on success of your child - you must be very proud. Kudos to you for being an awesome parent and continuing to support your child through to his/her achieving academic dreams. At some point you might be able to pay child directly?

Comment

Child should be working part time, There may be OSAP funding available. Halt all other options first and don't agree to pay for anything voluntarily . I wouldn't agree to pay a dime for the 2 months that the child lives with mom. Heck why does mom want you to pay her for an adult ? Why can't you pay the adult or the school directly ? Is mom earning any commission from this transaction that "MUST" go through her ?

Comment

First of all, congratulations on the success of your "child" (if we could call him/her that). It sounds like he/she is well on his/her way to self-sufficiency.

I don't have anything useful to add, other than the fact that I'm going through a process right now, to possibly terminate child support altogether for my son, who lives with mom, and I haven't had contact with since 2007. I have CC #3 coming up in mid August, by which time he will be 20 years old.

Just curious if you don't mind sharing? How old is your "child"? Do you have regular contact with your "child"? If so, how is your relationship with your "child"? What is your income? What is mom's income? And what is your education level?

I agree with the others. If you are so inclined to assist, I would attempt to do so in any manner where funds are dispersed directly to him/her. Kudos to you.

Comment

Originally posted by m-chan68 View Post
              First of all, congratulations on the success of your "child" (if we could call him/her that). It sounds like he/she is well on his/her way to self-sufficiency.

I don't have anything useful to add, other than the fact that I'm going through a process right now, to possibly terminate child support altogether for my son, who lives with mom, and I haven't had contact with since 2007. I have CC #3 coming up in mid August, by which time he will be 20 years old.

Just curious if you don't mind sharing? How old is your "child"? Do you have regular contact with your "child"? If so, how is your relationship with your "child"? What is your income? What is mom's income? And what is your education level?

I agree with the others. If you are so inclined to assist, I would attempt to do so in any manner where funds are dispersed directly to him/her. Kudos to you.

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to hear about your challenges.
              My child is 21. We do have a good relationship. That took years and it improved once the mother was no longer able to control. I cannot disclose more as she may be on this website
              Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X