Help! FRO causing arrears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! FRO causing arrears

A little background. My husband has two accounts with the FRO. One case for oldest child now 21 finished school full time job living with grand parents -this child no longer receiving on going support but does have arrears owed to Ontario Works.
    The second case for two children 17 and 18 still in school... Previous arrears paid in full as of March 28th this year. My husband has been paying the ongoing child support.
    Today on checking the FRO information line it seems that FRO has been applying the ongoing child support payments from case 2 to the arrears from case 1 and causing arrears to accrue in case 2.
    What are my options? I have not called them yet, i'm still trying to calm down enough to communicate with them effectively.

Aren't FRO payments made to a specific account number? Is there a chance your husband paid to the wrong account?

Comment

Yes they are paid to specific account numbers .... I have seen the receipts he paid the money to the proper accounts

Comment

This is interesting. I am wondering out loud here, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, I recall reading that there is a sort of pecking-order (for lack of better expression) of child or spousal support. If the oldest child had arrears on his/her FRO account I believe that the first/oldest child super-cedes any other children. Same goes for spousal support I believe.

Your husband will have to deal with this due to the Privacy Act.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X