X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is water wet or dry?

Is water wet or dry?

For those who may be wondering what I’m babbling on about, the above is the question that comes up when unregistered members of ODF start searching the database.

Simple enough question to answer granted – though I suspect it’s there as means of establishing whether or not the asker is an automated bot or a somewhat insane human lol?

After perusing this site for a year, I appreciate what a wealth of knowledge this forum represents to us poor souls going through the divorce process though I have also noticed some recurring themes that keep coming back time and time again …. Here’s a few ODF ‘’truisms’’.
    • A lot of people out there have no clue as to what consist a real emergency.
    • Best interest of the children is an overused and meaningless term.
    • If you are awarded SS regardless of clear-cut entitlement, for God’s sake don’t mention it in here – you were warned!
    • Deadbeats and douche-bags come in all genders, ages and from all social-economic backgrounds.
    • A lot of people are no way near as poor/rich as they claim to be.
    • Undue hardship does not mean having to live modestly within your means.
    • Legal-Aid recipients are all hysterical litigants wasting the courts time.
    • The Ex is a horrible parent, 100% evil and I'm a victim.
    • There’s no such thing as a decent, reasonable or honest lawyer.

And finally, my all-time favorite: victims of domestic violence are money-grubbing feminists playing with the system in order to gain custody of their children ….

Feel free to add your own observations.

Disclaimer: this list is for entertainment purposes only, so don’t attempt to sue me as I’m already broke!

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
    Is water wet or dry?

For those who may be wondering what I’m babbling on about, the above is the question that comes up when unregistered members of ODF start searching the database.

Simple enough question to answer granted – though I suspect it’s there as means of establishing whether or not the asker is an automated bot or a somewhat insane human lol?

After perusing this site for a year, I appreciate what a wealth of knowledge this forum represents to us poor souls going through the divorce process though I have also noticed some recurring themes that keep coming back time and time again …. Here’s a few ODF ‘’truisms’’.
    • A lot of people out there have no clue as to what consist a real emergency.
    • Best interest of the children is an overused and meaningless term.
    • If you are awarded SS regardless of clear-cut entitlement, for God’s sake don’t mention it in here – you were warned!
    • Deadbeats and douche-bags come in all genders, ages and from all social-economic backgrounds.
    • A lot of people are no way near as poor/rich as they claim to be.
    • Undue hardship does not mean having to live modestly within your means.
    • Legal-Aid recipients are all hysterical litigants wasting the courts time.
    • The Ex is a horrible parent, 100% evil and I'm a victim.
    • There’s no such thing as a decent, reasonable or honest lawyer.

And finally, my all-time favorite: victims of domestic violence are money-grubbing feminists playing with the system in order to gain custody of their children ….

Feel free to add your own observations.

Disclaimer: this list is for entertainment purposes only, so don’t attempt to sue me as I’m already broke!
    Can I sue your ex?

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
      Can I sue your ex?
      I'm done with him - you can do whatever you want with the Ex lol!

Comment

Yes it appears that many individuals will promote their own self interests by telling untruths, only portions of the truth, exaggerating details and by intentionally misleading others. This goes for posters here on this forum, former spouses and lawyers alike. I take issue with this.

HC's love "best interests of the children" because that translates to "their best interests".

People will believe what they want regardless of the facts in front of them. I'm referencing the text above about not being as rich or poor as they claim to be. I recall once a member of our community said that my husband was "making it hard on his former spouse". I challenged them, I said: how hard is he making it? She doesn't work and it's been several years since the separation. She lives in a half a million dollar new home she just bought. She drives an expensive brand new car. She has a vacation property. And he is an involved father who is with his kids 5-6 days a week....he drives a 13 year old car and just finally managed to move out of his parent's spare room and got himself a modest apartment - if you could have seen the look on this persons face! Just because it was said or put into print it doesn't mean it's true.

Comment

1. What people FEEL is an emergency is subjective. People come here To LEARN what the law considers an emergency.
          2. I agree. I am sure the term was dreamed up by politicians and/or radical feminists to hide their stupidity and hidden agendas.
          3. Why would you want let ANYBODY know you can't support yourself and have been given legal authority to STEAL from a working tax paying individual?
          4. Agree but females constitute a higher percentage. Do some research.
          5. Impossible to verify.
          6. Undue hardship is having an Ex STEAL money from someone who EARNS it. Child support not included of course.
          7. Of course especially the ones who cry abuse.
          8. I'm sure he is and I'm sure you are.
          9. Disagree. They are just few and far between.
          10. They are.

I will add mine

There are many on here with too much time on their hands and no life

Comment

- Apres-divorce Superdad/Supermom: Couldn't have bothered their arse to have anything to do with their children while married. Immediately upon separation he/she wants to spend enormous amounts of time with children. All the while swearing it has nothing to do with financials but in the best interests of the children

Comment

Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post
              1. What people FEEL is an emergency is subjective. People come here To LEARN what the law considers an emergency.
              2. I agree. I am sure the term was dreamed up by politicians and/or radical feminists to hide their stupidity and hidden agendas.
              3. Why would you want let ANYBODY know you can't support yourself and have been given legal authority to STEAL from a working tax paying individual?
              4. Agree but females constitute a higher percentage. Do some research.
              5. Impossible to verify.
              6. Undue hardship is having an Ex STEAL money from someone who EARNS it. Child support not included of course.
              7. Of course especially the ones who cry abuse.
              8. I'm sure he is and I'm sure you are.
              9. Disagree. They are just few and far between.
              10. They are.

I will add mine

There are many on here with too much time on their hands and no life

Your post is quite interesting as are your previous posts. You have stated previously that you are registered with FRO but have had no success in receiving any money from your ex.

Why on earth would you use FRO when you are so vehemently against collecting money from former spouses? I suspect that if you suddenly got a cheque in the mail your opinion on people collecting support would have to change or it would be a tad silly, on your part, to condemn something that you yourself participate in would it not?

Oh..... wait....... your're probably going to say the support your ex hasn't paid is child support. And then I could say to you - why do you think you should receive child support when you supported your children on your own?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                Your post is quite interesting as are your previous posts. You have stated previously that you are registered with FRO but have had no success in receiving any money from your ex.

Why on earth would you use FRO when you are so vehemently against collecting money from former spouses? I suspect that if you suddenly got a cheque in the mail your opinion on people collecting support would have to change or it would be a tad silly, on your part, to condemn something that you yourself participate in would it not?

Oh..... wait....... your're probably going to say the support your ex hasn't paid is child support. And then I could say to you - why do you think you should receive child support when you supported your children on your own?
                You are correct it is for child support. And no I support my children AND myself. Thank you.

Comment

Then why register a claim with FRO against a hard-working tax paying person? Don't you think it's STEALING? You've managed all right on your own all this time. If you received 10 years worth of support it surely would be a windfall for you would it not?

Comment

No. It would help put 4 kids through university. Why are you trying to bait me? I've noticed you like to argue a lot. Is this perhaps one of the reasons you find yourself alone at such a late stage in life?
                    Last edited by Once.is.enough; 05-14-2014, 07:41 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

LOL. Maybe. Have you ever thought that 'being alone' at this 'late stage' (age 57) might not be so bad? I actually quite enjoy it.

You say you are on the forum to "learn" then you might go on CanLii and type in: child support arrears windfall.

You've not nothing better to do with your time so have at 'er. Oh, that is if you aren't at your second job getting money organized for the kid's university fund.

I have to go now. Time to go check up on all of my Spousal Support income. Busy, busy.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                        LOL. Maybe. Have you ever thought that 'being alone' at this 'late stage' (age 57) might not be so bad? I actually quite enjoy it.

You say you are on the forum to "learn" then you might go on CanLii and type in: child support arrears windfall.

You've not nothing better to do with your time so have at 'er. Oh, that is if you aren't at your second job getting money organized for the kid's university fund.

I have to go now. Time to go check up on all of my Spousal Support income. Busy, busy.

Oh Wow Arbian, my cheques for the year (post dated) are due tomorrow,,, how wonderful we can celebrate together,, wait a moment tho, mine were sent yesterday with the wrong address on the cheques, how soon they forget where they lived for over 25 years and the postal code is also a vague memory, buyer beware my lawyer is back on the job!!!

Comment

One has to keep one's lawyer busy! Need the tax deduction!

Comment

Give us a break with all the self defensiveness of those receiving SS!!

I mean enough already. Arabian it does sound like you have earned your share of the family pot. I think many payors resent having to pay for short relationships. I am also sure some payors are just cheap.

It ain't fair to be painted by some as money grubbing on the internet but the judge decided those receiving SS on here should get money so that is the end of it.

The whining is tiring though. It is JUST money.

Look at someone like Working Dad who doesn't complain even though his son, his new family and he has been dragged through the courts for something like 5 years now by one cray cray immigrant leech. This same leech has not paid a dime towards raising the boy yet WD still has to pay for all the court, raise the boy and spend much of his personal time dealing with cray cray.

Seems like most of us have it easy compared to others.

Comment

I dont consider myself defensive, if anything I am quite pro-active in receivng SS. I worked the job for almost 30 years, I consider it part of my CPP.
                              What I help build for 30 years has now been destroyed, his income ( quite typical I am told for SS payors) is 1/10th and his professional office is no longer. But low and behold, our arbitrator has protected me and for 5 wonderful years, he cannot negotiate nada. His new (3rd) lawyer told him that he pays or will end up in jail, I dont think that is any kind of threat, he would probably enjoy the free perks.

I agree though, money is just money, health, family and life is so much more about the real important things.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X