This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to piss off the Judge........

Putnam County, WV, Family Law Judge, William Watkins, May 23, 2012 MELTDOWN!!!!! - YouTube

... Wow. This is some heavy stuff! I was shocked when the judge mumbled recuse a bunch of times but didn't do it.

Comment

As of March 26, 2013 he was suspended for the remainder of his term, almost 4 years. The recommendation was suspension without pay but I don't have the final decision.

Thank god!

Comment

Hmmm.. He sure did do a lot of yelling. It's a pity the Judges here don't take a harder line on lying and contempt of orders. This Judge would have had a field day with my ex. But oh no, we're too polite here to say "Liar" - soft words like "vague, evasive, not credible" get tossed around gently.

Judges in the US have been threatened by litigants and some even shot. It's understandable that this Judge would be upset imo.

Comment

You can understand why he might be upset with the tactics used by the man. On the other hand, clearly he lost all sense of impartiality, decorum and maybe even sanity. A professional would have simply recused himself, and let another judge review the situation.

Comment

If you review the Youtube videos of his disciplinary hearings you'll see that this behaviour wasn't just reserved for the pastor. He acted this way to many of the litigants who came before him.

The common thread was that many litigants felt "degraded and humiliated" with how he spoke to them (yelled I mean). The only excuse he offered aside from stress was his health and concern for his wife.

He obviously never considered that the people who appeared before him were under even more stress and had their own health problems.

He was the ONLY judge in his jurisdiction.

Comment

I don't think he lost his sanity but clearly he lost his temper..

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                Hmmm.. He sure did do a lot of yelling. It's a pity the Judges here don't take a harder line on lying and contempt of orders. This Judge would have had a field day with my ex. But oh no, we're too polite here to say "Liar" - soft words like "vague, evasive, not credible" get tossed around gently.

Judges in the US have been threatened by litigants and some even shot. It's understandable that this Judge would be upset imo.

The judge in my case was not so polite about it . He was downright pissed off at the other party and made it very clear as to why. Same judge is also a huge pro fathers rights justice, so I was even more shocked by how he acted and what he said.

Comment

I didn't watch much of the video because I have low tolerance for idiocy, but I did Google the judge and get the backstory.

Apparently he was suspended not for behaviour like this but for being slow to produce his rulings and failing to file domestic violence orders. The screaming was a distant third reason but I'm sure the most visible.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                    Whilst we are talking about pissing off the judge, here is a related story

Source: Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines
                    lol. Besides being a danger to society, the guy sounds really stupid.

Reminds me of a guy in the city where I live...he stole a car and very soon parked it in front of a Tim Horton's shop. You can guess who was there and arrested him on the spot!

Comment

Some people aren't so smart....The police have cameras that capture license plates and run them through computers to find violations. They don't need to see your sticker to tell if you are up to date, the computer will do it for them.

Comment

We are all only human.

How often do you have a bad day, and screw up at work?
                        Do you even work?

What we see is not cool - but not worth losing a job over about either. Assuming it was one melt-down that he recognized and distanced himself from the case afterwards.

I don't know all the details - but if he followed through with the 'focus my attention on you' aspect some time later - well that's a problem.

If it was a one time outburst and he then apoligised and recused himself - well, that's just human.

It's real easy to judge people.. LOL
                        Just look at my latest post about airport security. That has judgement written all over it

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                          Whilst we are talking about pissing off the judge, here is a related story

Source: Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines
                          LMAO!!!

Following several links in the above - I found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=pTODkW-fV3k

Punk'D!!

LOL

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X