Criminal record check - with a criminal record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal record check - with a criminal record

My spouse was arrested for domestic voilence and was offerred peace bond for 2 yrs
    She recently got a job offer but due to the criminal record, her criminal check did not pass and she had to do request to RCMP with fingerprinting
    Now she is waiting since months and there is no response
    She did a mistake but it seems to spoil her career now
    Anyone knows how long such report takes? Any alternatives to it?

She may want to go to the local detachment and ask them in person. If its on her record she may have to apply for a pardon after a period of time. Did you check the RCMP website?

Comment

^what rocksan said. Usually you can explain the specifics to the job. I work for a public sector government and there is a mechanism to explain it if it gets flagged.

That being said I have a really hard time with this type of question. My ex didn't take a peace bond. He got an absolute discharge which did not give him a criminal record. He does, however, get flagged when doing a vulnerable sector check. And he was pissed because he's not sure he can volunteer at our daughter's preschool...but you know what? don't fucking do something to get you arrested in the first place.

I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
        ...My ex didn't take a peace bond. He got an absolute discharge which did not give him a criminal record. He does, however, get flagged when doing a vulnerable sector check. And he was pissed because he's not sure he can volunteer at our daughter's preschool...but you know what? don't fucking do something to get you arrested in the first place...

I thought absolute discharges were removed from the Canadian Police Information Center computer system 1 year after the court’s decision anyway, no? So maybe it won't be an issue for him for long (or still?).

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
          I thought absolute discharges were removed from the Canadian Police Information Center computer system 1 year after the court’s decision anyway, no? So maybe it won't be an issue for him for long (or still?).
          I'm pretty sure they are. It should be off by now- but D3's dad just said "they didn't clear it". I mean- it could be something else? I dunno.

Comment

They dont get automatically removed. You have to request the finger prints to be destroyed. You will be asked to go in person and they are shredded in front of you.

Comment

If there is no conviction, there you can request to have your fingerprint and photos destroyed. It is not an automatic process. You have to submit this request form, in writing, to the regional police force that arrested/charged you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Helpmyspouse View Post
                They dont get automatically removed. You have to request the finger prints to be destroyed. You will be asked to go in person and they are shredded in front of you.
                Hi,
                I have been offered a Peace Bond 810, what I understand, there will be no criminal records, but it will limit me in some areas, such as specific jobs, get a financial education aid, travel to the US, etc. Is there specific period before I ask for a pardon? is there any requirements, I have to meet before my request other than "keeping peace"? Please advise.
                Thank you

Comment

I think it’s three years. Im sure the info is on the federal justice site.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                    I'm pretty sure they are. It should be off by now- but D3's dad just said "they didn't clear it". I mean- it could be something else? I dunno.
                    My husband’s didn’t clear either. He has no record and never been arrested. They said someone on the registry has the same date of birth as him. For that reason only they wanted him to do fingerprints with the RCMP.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X