Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh - you DIDN'T link to a third party website called F.A.C.T.?

Your link says you did. It must be wrong too.

Comment

Actually blink's document is more recent than yours and actually contains reference to the 4th link you provided. Which was actually to a government site and not a partisan one.

I never said that the costs associated to the NCP started at 40%....what I'm saying is that the point that the research indicates that the costs increase substantially.

Yes, being involved with the children costs more than simply paying tables.

In that context, is the extra 2000 for the year a lot for exercising access? Not really. You actually wind up FURTHER AHEAD financially.

Comment

We pay out 50% of my husbands take-home pay between flights, extra-expenses and CS so please, don't try to patronize me and make it sound like we don't do our fair share. 50% does not inlude the costs of the children when they are here we also have. But I see that this tread is completely useless, so I am done.

Comment

The majority of your posts on this board are whining about how much money your husband is paying to support his children. I suspect the biggest issue for you is that your husband doesn't feel the same bitterness and resentment over it that you do. If he did, he'd be here researching his options or speaking to his lawyer to change things.

The situation he's in is and was created by his unwillingness to do anything to change it, then or now but ultimately, it's his situation - not yours. You came into things KNOWING his situation and yet you want some validation for your husband's choice NOT to do anything to change it. There's an old saying about making your bed that would apply here. If he's not willing to do anything to change it then so be it.

I'd suggest your time would be better spent having a conversation with your husband about how you feel rather than whining all over a message board trying to get strangers on the internet to agree with you on a situation that doesn't even involve you.

Comment

It isn't that the tread is useless, as it has brought out some useful reading materials.

What the issue is, is that you fail to understand that it costs more to maintain a home for the majority of the time then it does to house the children temporarily. I bet you probably see a good size jump in your electricity and water bill when the kids are with you. Now compare your little portion of the year with the children compared to the remaining portion. Those two or three outfits that are purchased for the kids pale in comparison to the number of outfits that are needed for the rest of the year.

Extra-ordinary expenses are just as they are titled, things that are covered in regular support (like braces) that all families go through. My parents went through 4 sets of them, however we had good dental coverage. It is the cost of having children.

IMO the cost of the flights is your hubbies problem as he didn't take the proper steps way back when the children were moved to cover his own butt. Now it is biting him in the butt. There are remedies out there for this, but instead of your hubby actually doing something to attain these remedies, you are here complaining.

If you had of come on here and asked, "Is there any remedy or relief for large costs of transportation when the custodial parent moves with the children?" We would've all said, yes and pointed you in the right direction.

I am a big time dads advocate. The difference between you and I is that I focus more on parenting and being involved then the money or perceived injustice to new families.

Comment

Haven't read all of the thread replies, but has anyone mentioned BUDGETING as part of how to deal with the problem?

Since you KNOW you will have heavy expenses in the summer, it would make sense to cut back during the rest of the year.

Comment

It was but everyone who mentioned it was either wrong or living off their ex.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyface View Post
                  Haven't read all of the thread replies, but has anyone mentioned BUDGETING as part of how to deal with the problem?

Since you KNOW you will have heavy expenses in the summer, it would make sense to cut back during the rest of the year.
                  I think I mentioned it 2 or 3 times.

Comment

She's fixated on previous posts on the calculations, despite being shown they are wrong. There's a prior one around about the bonus her hubby got and how it was going to cost them SO much more in CS.

I did the damn math for her and I was still wrong apparently.

Facts is facts, if she spent half as much time working a budget as opposed to arguing and whining about things, she'd be much better off.

I'd love to see her yearly household expenses....guarantee they are MUCH better off financially this way than by having the children 50% of them time.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                      The majority of your posts on this board are whining about how much money your husband is paying to support his children.
                      Exactly, and she talks about how she is being patronized, while at the same insulting and offending and name-calling anyone (i.e. everyone) who doesn't sympathize with her sorry choices.

Comment

Originally posted by got2bkid View Post
                        http://www.fact.on.ca/fin_supp/csr-1997-1.pdf

here is the gov't doc. It clearly states NCP costs are assumed to be that of a single person.

enough said, dadtotheend, I'm sure you'll find a way to dismiss this am remain truly ignorant on the subject anyway, since that currently suits your position.
                        No it states that both parents are assumed to be single. In your case, you're husband is not single. He is with you and therefore there is even more $$ available in your household, assuming that you work. And when I say work, I mean earning an income, not working at bitching about your situation and
                        being a jerk to everyone around here.

What it does "clearly" state in section 2.0 is "This transferred sum should maximise the amount available to be spent on the children while still allowing an adequate reserve for the self support of the paying parent."

In other words it does contemplate the NCP costs including those costs during times the kids are with him/her.

Your ex's children live with their mom, a choice your ex allowed. Too bad so sad love (sole custody) dad.

Comment

DTTE: that's god damn EPIC dude...I love it. :-D

Bravo sir....bravo

Comment

God you guys are thick.

He (NCP) is assumed to be a single person - with ZERO child expenses. EVER.

She (CP) is assumed to be a single person with children - with ALL the child expenses.

He is given a self-support amount ot the welfare rate - after which child support starts being deducted.

He is not given any credit for also having to set-up a house for his children, having a room for them too, having beds, dressers, clothes, toys, making sure his car is big enough to transport them.

As the years go by he is also not given any credit for the time he spends with his kids, feeding them, buying them more things at his house etc.

Actually all the costs HE incurrs, SHE is assumed to have, and he pays her for them.

The calculations are based on the guy dropping off the kids at moms house, and riding off in the sun NEVER to see them again and living the life of a bachelor.

If you actually READ the document, you would know that, not keep spreading your propoganda drivel. Really, who PAYS you guys?

Comment

I'm just a parent. No pay - but the opportunity is priceless.

Comment

"Actually all the costs HE incurrs, SHE is assumed to have, and he pays her for them."

I htought i better clarify this statement for you, since you probably wouldn't understand what this means.

He is assumed to never be with his kids, hence no child costs.
                                She is assumed to always be the one looking after the kids, hence, even on his his time the costs he would incurr (up to 40% access) are assumed to he HER costs and included in the child support amounts.

I have to try to explain things very carefully, as you people love to take words out of context, twist the meaning intended, and try to ridicule the poster over it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X