Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:36 AM

Toooldforthis is on a distinguished road
Default Mentally and Financially Done!

Well, I think I’ve come to the point where I have to throw in the towel. We had our first case conference on the 1st of the month, and as I stated in a previous post, all seemed to go well. On the 4th ex told me he quit his job. Since then I’ve been trying to find out if this is true or not, to no avail. He may be on leave but I doubt it very much. Yesterday his place of employment called me as he hasn’t informed them of his new telephone number (one he’s had since Febuary). He has a deferred profit sharing plan that would have to be dealt with if he has quit and I suspect that is what the call may have been about. I found out yesterday that he has the option to take those funds in a lump sum. I called revenue Canada as it is a registered fund to find out if something could be done to stop him as these funds are part of an ongoing legal dispute…no help. I called the institution that the funds are held at and they said that I would have to get a court order to stop him. I asked how long it would take to process his claim to the money and he said it would only take a couple of days. I had already called my lawyer and he told me it would take a couple of weeks to get a motion to stop him and we would need evidence that he has quit and that he is going to cash out his plan. I feel like I’m up the proverbial creek without a paddle!! No help no matter where I turn. I guess if you don’t want to take your chances with the courts then just quit…cash out…move on is the answer for some men. Doesn’t seem to be anything anyone can do about this kind of behaviour. Mean while I have a couple of hundred dollars left to my name so I don’t have the resources to pursue this any further. I’m going to find out if the last cheque I gave to my lawyer will take me far enough to have a court order issued regarding the equalization and spousal support. Maybe if Fro gets the order they can deal with him. I can’t!! I have to file an application for financial support with Ontario works tomorrow as a step in applying for Ontario Disability, so who knows, after they hear about my situation maybe they will know of something that can be done.
Closed Thread