This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good start....

Has this happened to anyone here? I spent weeks preparing the forms and then went to see a lawyer with FLIC as I'm attempting to work through this process myself. I wanted to see if everything was done correctly before I filed. All was okay so I filed, hired a process server to have ex served and the server can not find my documents. I called three different process servers prior to picking one (mainly for cost comparison). They all operated the same way...drop papers off at Ups office. I did this and now they say they can't find them. I'm totally disturbed about this. There is alot of private information on those documents. Can't I assume that if I followed thier instruction for delivery, that once I left them in the care of the Ups office that my documents would be secure? I'm going to call them again this morning and tell them that I either want these documents returned to me or served. They didn't just vanish into thin air. I think they should be more responsible with these things. Do I have any legal recourse here (to threaten them with...I'm not prepared to follow through as I've enough to deal with already). If this start is any indication of how my 'journey' is going to be....just saying...it's not a good sign. Lol. Got to laugh to prevent explosion!!

If you used UPS you should have tracking information, no?

Comment

I didn't "use" ups, the drop off point for the process server is a ups store. The process servers have access to the store to pick up packages 24 hours a day. I found out what happened this morning. Apparently more than one process server uses this particular store and the wrong server picked it up. I guess the employee that I passed the package to put it in the wrong box. I've located the papers and they are being brought back to the store for the correct server to pick up. Short story: I should have put a more distintive name on the envelope. I had addressed it "process server" which happened to be part of the name of one of the companies using this store. I wasn't aware that stores were used by more than one server so it was my mistake. I should have checked this out before handing it over. Lesson learned....it's a good day when you learn something new. I'm sure there are many more good days ahead lol.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out!

Comment

I have one question now though. Since there's been a mix up with these forms, there's been about a week lost. I've looked to see if there's a time limit I have to file these documents but can't seem to find anything saying there is. There isn't a court date set yet so am I okay with the delay that's been created due to my faux pas? I've found time frames in reference to mailing, faxing and responding to service, but nothing stating what time frame I'm working with. The forms were 8, 13-1 and all of the blank answer forms required for response. Thanks in advance for any responses to this question.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X