X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law Office Would Not Accept My Marriage Certificate

Hello,
    I'm wondering if someone can help me out here.

I filed by Divorce application with the court today.

Unfortunately, the person who wrote my marriage certificate did not include our middle names on the certificate.

The person at the law office said that since the names do not match (ie middle names on divorce application, but not on the marriage certificate) i should file the certificate later.

She said I should include a statement in the affadavit for divorce saying that [firstname] [middlename] [last name] is the same person as [firstname] [lastname].

My question is, where do in include this statement on the form? Can I add a section? Is that a satisfactory legal statement?

Thanks to anyone who can provide some guidance.

Steph.

lukas,

I believe you would state the discrepancy in the names in a supplementary affidavit to the respective form.

lv

Comment

Who should I ask to get a concrete answer? Should I speak to a lawyer?

Who would I pay to have an affidavit written up to state that its the same person?

Would the information desk at the family law centre be able to help?

Comment

lukas,

as you mentioned,

Who should I ask to get a concrete answer? Should I speak to a lawyer?
        You can ask the personal where you would file the form or speak to a lawyer about same.

Who would I pay to have an affidavit written up to state that its the same person?
        You can type up an affidavit yourself stating the facts and have same commissioned at the nearest family law information centre and some city halls have a commissioner for taking oaths and will do same for no charge.

You can find information on affidavit writing here
        http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/s...ht=hereinafter

You can find blank affidavit forms here - Form 14A is a blank affidavit form.
        http://www.ontariocourtforms.on.ca/e...mily/index.jsp

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X