X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO or back to court

Hi Guys

It has been awhile.......
    I would like some feed back on FRO vs. back to court.
    My ex has not been paying full CS for several months....I am thinking that it might be a good idea to go to FRO.....or maybe I should take him back to court to enforce the order....let me know what you all think...

Right now I am not with FRO I would have to apply as we withdrawn from that at the court date as I thought he would pay....

I think I would register the agreement with FRO, as flawed as they are at least you would have a record of arrears and possibly they might enforce the order with garnishments.

You could take it back to court, but seeing as how you've already been there I'm thinking its not going to have much impact, especially when you consider the time and money it takes.

Comment

Yep, if he's already breaching an order, get the FRO to deal with it.

Comment

just CS or all of the order

Will FRO just deal with CS or would they also inclued court ordered college expences and medical?

Comment

FRO will only collect the amount indicated on the court order.
          If it indicates a CS amount they will take that amount, however, if it also indicates an amount for arrears or in your case extraordinary expenses, then yes they will collect that amount. However, if your order is only for basic CS FRO cannot take anything else until you take the issue back to court and have a new order issued to FRO should the amount change.

Comment

there are good and bad things about FRO......FRO will attempt to collect CS.....my case is with FRO......ex is 4 months behind and FRO is giving him arrangements of 40$ a month for the 18 months to catch up........plus regular CS.......so you have to weigh your factors.....FRO will agree to something you find very outlandish and there is almost nothing you can do but go back to court to have it over ruled......but you have to have insurmountable reasons to overturn VAPS (voluntary arrears repayment schedule).....so weigh everything out......is it worth it waiting for FRO to act on your case.....they will ONLY deal with CS if ordered......and back CS if you have proof.......that takes about 6-8 weeks for them to even look at your case......its a long process but when they get it they will stay on it....and yes CS can still fall behind and you could be potentially facing same thing I have........weigh out your factors carefully before you make that decision......

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X