Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I'll look into it. On one of the many times my ex took me to court we were awarded costs and the amount showed up on the maintenance enforcement (Alberta - MEP) webside in the same column as spousal support and was fully collectible by MEP. Thanks for the heads up though. I think the lawyer was planning to do a wage garnishee for it as it would be a large amount and as you can't suck blood out of a stone, it would be paid back over a long term. My ex has taken me to court on a continuous basis for the past 3 years and is always unsuccessful. I was a bit ticked that the lawyer hadn't done anything about costs but then I calmed down as I thought about it and realized he hasn't given me a bill for a very long time as well.

Comment

WO: some costs orders are fro enforced. Have seen it on canlii decisions. My judge just didn't add that clause. :s

Comment

Arabian: Thank you for the info you msged me wrt this thread. I do believe I am now moving in the right direction. It was thoughtful of you to take the time to look into it, esp since you're on the other end of the Country!! I really do appreciate your input and your taking an interest in my dilemma. Thank-You Arabian!!

Comment

More questions Motions

Hello all

I'm putting together a motion to vary,the consent order of 2004.Material change is all kids are now over age of majority.How far can i go in asking for an order within this motion to vary.
          I'm asking for an order for the ex to provide financial info and maint.enforcement to suspend collections while the case will drag on.

Can i ask for an order for undue hardship within this motion to vary???
          Can i ask the court for enforcement of the original judgement[not this consent order]within this same notice of motion or do i have to make a new motion for these 2 items??

thx
          bbd

Comment

In Ontario: Child Support - Ministry of the Attorney General

* this might be helpful * I searched - changing support order, Family Law Ontario and there was info on Motions to change and Form 15. I'm not sure why when I cut and pasted the url, it went to Child support but regardless, a search for above gives fairly detailed information.

ALSO: http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.o...ort/motion.asp
            There are self-help guides for motions to change, whether filing one or responding to one served upon you.
            Last edited by hadenough; 07-17-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

* double post *

Comment

I will be unrepresented and must file 2 motions, in separate court matters re: my eex. One is Family Court. I msged ex and asked, is "lawyer's name" still your lawyer?

He replied "yes." I don't believe anything he says really, so I sent a brief email to ex's lawyer last week. I simply inquired as to whether he was still the solicitor on record for ex. (We have exchanged a few emails before, in the past). Well, ofcourse he has ignored my simple request. I merely need him to confirm whether or not he is still ex's counsel. Furthermore, he shows up under 3 separate addresses, so I'd need the correct address to serve him.

Does he have to answer me? I'm going to have to send a 2nd request. Is there anything under the F.L.A., or rules that says he must answer me?

Thank-you!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Send it to that lawyer. You should be notified if there is a change.

Comment

Thx. But "that" lawyer seems to have 3 different addresses. I won't be using a process server so I need to know "where" to serve him.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                      Thx. But "that" lawyer seems to have 3 different addresses. I won't be using a process server so I need to know "where" to serve him.
                      Can you maybe get a friend to phone his advertised number and ask where his office is?

Comment

Do you have a Continuing Record with a cover?

Comment

Thx Rioe, I'll try that. This lawyer is weird and so is his assistant. It's just the 2 of them. Everything is cloak and dagger.

Fblah: no I don't. :s

Comment

Can a Motion to change/vary an existing (custody/access) order address several points?

Father doesn't see child anymore and I would like to amend the wording re: travel w/child, that I simply need to advise OP of (any) travel details, but not seek his permission. This communication would be made via email.

I also need to file (I'm not sure which document) a request for extension (of time) to recv SS. How soon (ahead of time) does that need to be done, when there's a time limit on it? I have had a material change of circumstance since the Trial, and in the months following that time.

Thanks for any thoughts/info.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X