Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you send the info to FRO? Via REGISTERED MAIL? Via FAX?
    I hope you did it via some method that allows you to track the fact the received it.

Well worth the $11 to sent it signature required.

Usually takes 6-8 weeks before they get the initial ball rolling after receiving all the info.

Comment

NB dad: thx. Order that I sent (not a "stamped" copy b/c I don't have a stamped copy, was 23 pgs. Frp said to send that, plus the Final Costs order (another 8 pages). Plus all the registration papers etc. FRO is a POBox. So I was not able to send via UPS or expresspost which I had intended to do. So I mailed it. I really think that Judge and her secretary held onto things deliberately b/c I called asking about it. Who wouldn't be wondering/asking after months of waiting? Its pretty ridiculous that the judge's secretary told me to "call my lawyer" - isn't it? She also told me in July/11 that order was all but complete. Funny - it still wasn't released til late Sept. After I spoke to someone at MAG. Within hours I rec'd an email saying the decision would be released the following day. And at 5pm, on a Friday - I got to finally see it. It was written very sloppily. Obviously done in a hurry.

Comment

We were waiting for FRO to get the final order but for some reason it they never received it. My husband went to the court and spoke with the clerk. There was some sort of mix up. Long story short, the clerk figured it out, within 2 days they called and said that the order was signed by the judge and they were couriering the documents to FRO.

THEN...a few weeks later FRO still hasn't received them. My husband faxed in the final order last week, they have now rectified everything.

I would physically go to the court house and see what's going on.

Good luck.

Comment

Hadenough, did you go to the courthouse at all to look at your files? Im not sure exactly how it works since you were on trial, but if the orders were to be registered with FRo, then you should have signed an agreement at that point, and usually a support order should have been filed out and usually sent that day to FRO. I ended up going and getting the copy myself, and filed the application and sent other information. Someone on this forum did mention the steps to take but that was awhile ago. It got me a few weeks ahead. Good luck!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X