This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotional Week

Turns out this has become a very emotional week. The sale of the house closes on Friday and I meet with the lawyers this afternoon to sign off the paperwork for the sale.

Finally the end of this chapter. Although I have been out of the house and in my own place since Sept 2nd, I have realized this week that it's a lot more emotional than I was expecting. I feel sad for the loss (not my choice to leave the marriage, but the loss of what should have been), and I also feel angry with both my X and myself (for him not getting help for his anger managment issues after years of me asking him to, and at myself for not taking more responsibility in my own actions or lack there of).

The bonus to this week (kids week with dad) is that I get to spend extra time with the kids cause I have been over at the house helping with the cleaning and packing of the stuff the X has to move to his new home, and I get the kids for two nights this week as well, the night before the move and the night of the move - they will just come hang out with mom, I see a movie and popcorn night in my future!

Hope everyone is having a good week, thanks for listening!

Ang

Hi Angie:

My best wishes to you. I'm in the process of receiving offers on the marital home now and although the house has no happy memories for me with regard to my marriage. I will miss the memories of it with regards to the kids...so I can understand how you're feeling.

I have a battle ahead as far as getting out and securing a new house and mortgage so what's nice for you is that that part is over. You won't have the burden of the house on your mind..which must feel liberating.

Good luck with the kids and in your new life! I'm envious...can't wait to get there.

Comment

The extra time with kids is nice, isn't it?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X