Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with forms: motion, urgent or not?

I visited the FLIC office this week. I left w/Form 8: Application and Form 13: Financial Statement. Also, an Application Package w/instructions all though it does say it's not a substitute for getting advice from a lawyer. Well, I don't have one.

Does anyone on here from Peel/Halton know of a lawyer who can assist me with getting these forms filed? Duty Counsel, while clearly fascinated with my situation was unable to advise me due to the complexities.

To recap: EX has (in writing) refused to pay costs, for which I have a costs order issued by the Court. The costs are due Jun 11th. He was given 6 months to pay from the date the order was made.

His house (bought during Trial last year) is up for Sale (as of Mid-March 2012). He and his wife have purchased another larger/newer home and although they still stand to make a sizable profit, they have reduced the price by almost 80k (they way overshot on the orig. listing price) and the house has not yet sold. The closing date is Jun 1/12.

I'd like a few things reflected in a new order that were not argued for (by my lawyer @the time) such as; c.o.l.a., Section 7 expenses, and a life insurance policy in an amount that secures the CS pymts. Ex is 26k in arrears (and not paying any of it) and 5k in new arrears. Plus, there's the costs order, due soon. That is supposed to be paid to me directly (?!) and then I am to pay my lawyer.

Ex has a long history of not paying most things. His former lawyer's bill of 11k, his Trustee in his bankruptcy, the new CS/SS order made Sept 2011. This, despite purchasing new cars, and spending 60k on reno's to the house he currently lives in. He is self-employed, and business is good/steady. *Problem: house is not in his name (it's in his wife's).

I will not get an opportunity like this again - duty counsel suggested it could be seen as an urgent motion due to the time constraints looming. At the very least, I'd like to see if a lien could be put against the mat-home to pay the lawyer. FRO only just contacted me for the first time this week. FRO said they are not enforcing the Costs order. My former lawyer (when we last spoke, thought that they "might") No such luck.

Any suggestions? I'm running out of time and will file these docs on my own time but need some guidance. I know that the Courts have to make a new order/change the one I have, if I'm to have FRO enforce this in lump sum pymts. (Costs and Old arrears). The current order has him paying back 26k @$200/month. It would be helpful to collect these monies now as he clearly has no intention of paying what the Court has ordered.

Okie Dokie, I can see this ^ was a big hit.

I have an appt w/a lawyer who deals w/Family Law and r/e law next week. I will know if/how to proceed with any/all options to register a lien on the property currently for Sale. Hopefully it's not a wasted $300 - but at least I will know if it's possible, and go from there.

If I have any success, I will share the info as it might be helpful to others who encounter a situation (even marginally) like mine. At this point, I'm going to focus only on trying to get a lien registered. The other changes I'd like, will have to wait.. Sometimes it's best to deal with one issue at a time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X