What would you do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been 6/14 so over 40 percent by overnights but 38.4 percent by hours

Luckily I had a judge state we are shared parenting 5050 ndi, so that settles a lot relative to ssag and range

You would think getting that one extra night for a balanced 2-2-5 would happen

Nope. I still have them every weekend…like what parent would never want weekends???

Luckily I have one cost award ordered, another one soon bc she is dragging feet. Maybe I’ll buy my schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
      It really is all about the money. Especially when your ex knows how to play the game. Stall and delay the court process while you pay Table CS. I figure my ex extracted an additional $20k in CS by stalling the court process and the prolonging the graduated schedule to reach 50/50.
      Unfortunately famous "In best interest of child" is nothing more than a beautiful slogan that is repeated without any attempt to understand the meaning. The true best interest of child is to know both parents equally (and the very best not to have parents divorced). However especially for high earners, children become tool for mother to milk dad. As a result, fathers are often excluded from children life for years - there is no way it is in best interest of a child. If support wasn't as significant, the number of cases when mother takes off with children would drop substantially.

If court wants to ensure the father is fit - fine, but do it in one month, and don't drag the case for 3+ years - you very best intent harms children the most.

It would also help if table amounts could only be spend on children - I understand it is virtually impossible to control, but when you paying 2-3k a month per child, yet she dresses them from second hand store, this makes you wonder why you have to pay this support at all.
      Last edited by respondent; 08-07-2022, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by respondent View Post
        Unfortunately famous "In best interest of child" is nothing more than a beautiful slogan that is repeated without any attempt to understand the meaning. The true best interest of child is to know both parents equally (and the very best not to have parents divorced). However especially for high earners, children become tool for mother to milk dad. As a result, fathers are often excluded from children life for years - there is no way it is in best interest of a child. If support wasn't as significant, the number of cases when mother takes off with children would drop substantially.

If court wants to ensure the father is fit - fine, but do it in one month, and don't drag the case for 3+ years - you very best intent harms children the most.

It would also help if table amounts could only be spend on children - I understand it is virtually impossible to control, but when you paying 2-3k a month per child, yet she dresses them from second hand store, this makes you wonder why you have to pay this support at all.
        Child Support = Should be need based when income is above 150k as is said in original guidelines but often for high earners the mother uses it to hire nannies and vacation for world trips while using the money .

Comment

Originally posted by AlexLitty View Post
          Child Support = Should be need based when income is above 150k as is said in original guidelines but often for high earners the mother uses it to hire nannies and vacation for world trips while using the money .

But when the children have been living in a situation where the household income is over 500k then their needs are different than a household with 200k. I am sure your kids are used to being driven around in a mercedes and having nannies and going on vacations. It’s aimed at equalizing the households. Your anger is aimed at an ex who refuses to work and expects thousands monthly which will also include spousal which is needs based. Why should your kids have their lives have a drastic change because their parents split. You don’t get to control what the support is used on and if your ex is an asshole and wants to use it for vacation, you don’t get a say. Your fight is on spousal and entitlement to it.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
            But when the children have been living in a situation where the household income is over 500k then their needs are different than a household with 200k. I am sure your kids are used to being driven around in a mercedes and having nannies and going on vacations. It�s aimed at equalizing the households. Your anger is aimed at an ex who refuses to work and expects thousands monthly which will also include spousal which is needs based. Why should your kids have their lives have a drastic change because their parents split. You don�t get to control what the support is used on and if your ex is an asshole and wants to use it for vacation, you don�t get a say. Your fight is on spousal and entitlement to it.
            Dont disagree with you , then how is the system in the best interests of children when support meant for them is blown up elsewhere .

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X