Deciding decision making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
    You don't locate bank account statements, you request them from ex and track every dollar coming and going. It's on ex to provide, not you to hunt down.
    Unless of course your ex doesn’t provide it, or what worse provides it partially. There are way too many examples in life, on canlii and even here that one side hides financial disclosure. By the rules yes, if ex didn’t provide disclosure the judge will order it, in some cases even with costs, but if you deal with unreasonable ex, it could easily become your issue.

Comment

Your comments imply you are assuming how financial disclosure works. 5 banks?! A bank won't even give you your spouse's details on a joint account. We're forced to get a full account report and a history of our card, in order to show the facts. Post separation, each individual has sole access to their statements which is the only way to prove their income, debt, lifestyle...

If you refuse to disclose ordered financials, do you really think a judge would make that your ex's problem?

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
        Your comments imply you are assuming how financial disclosure works. 5 banks?! A bank won't even give you your spouse's details on a joint account. We're forced to get a full account report and a history of our card, in order to show the facts. Post separation, each individual has sole access to their statements which is the only way to prove their income, debt, lifestyle...

If you refuse to disclose ordered financials, do you really think a judge would make that your ex's problem?
        I am not disagreeing with you that this is how it should work, but at the same moment it often doesn’t happen, even after serving form 20, and while judge may and should enforce it, they often don’t. I am here to learn so if you know how to make it happen, I’ll appreciate your input.

Comment

1. Ask for it.
          2. Get conference judge to order it.
          3. Motion for consequences (fees, expenses, costs, imputation, assign value for assets/debt, strike pleadings, etc)

You won't get away with ignoring orders, especially financial disclosure.

Comment

#1. I did
            #2. Case judge completely ignored it as if it wasn’t requested

Friend in same court (different judge) made a motion. Judge ordered ex to sign a consent to search in 5 major banks. No costs awarded.

If you know how to ensure judge follows the law, I am all hears

Comment

I’m still waiting from October on a short motion for my results

The judge who used to be a family lawyer said…isn’t this a pretty routine thing?
              And her lawyer said in 40 years I never asked for this?
              Judge just smiled…

In my case I discovered two hidden bank accounts that she did not disclose…so all those will be ordered

Now in terms of the topic post with decision making

The ex without even talking to me went and picked a new dentist without even talking to me...while a dentist is one thing…it’s the behaviour behind it that will harm her case

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X