50/50 not really happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50/50 not really happening

So I have kept record of the past year when I have my 2 daughters. They come to my house almost everyday after school even on some of her days that she is to have them, I stayed close to the school and she moved across town in a condo so the kids are at my place allot more. They had spent almost all of last summer at my house March Break and Christmas holidays because they do not like staying at her Condo. Since now she is seeking spousal I feel I should toss something back in her face. I felt like I was doing a favor by saving after school care by keeping the house witch I bought her out off. I feel I am over the 60% and what does a court look at if I was to go to court.

Originally posted by zanman View Post
    So I have kept record of the past year when I have my 2 daughters. They come to my house almost everyday after school even on some of her days that she is to have them, I stayed close to the school and she moved across town in a condo so the kids are at my place allot more. They had spent almost all of last summer at my house March Break and Christmas holidays because they do not like staying at her Condo. Since now she is seeking spousal I feel I should toss something back in her face. I felt like I was doing a favor by saving after school care by keeping the house witch I bought her out off. I feel I am over the 60% and what does a court look at if I was to go to court.
    you didn't do her any favours by buying out the house, that shouldn't be part of the argument. However the saving afterschool care should be part of the argument.

I can tell you right now not to confuse the two issues. SS is one thing, CS/access is another. If you tell her you will go to court for primary custody if she asks for SS then it looks like you are just using the kids as pawns.

How many overnights to you get? I think that counts more then a few extra hours here and there.

Comment

SS and Custody are related. You pay SS sometimes from future care of children.... its like a salary for being a mom.... (yes divorced mom's are paid for being mom)

Comment

I get quite a few extra as I take my oldest to allot of ringette tournaments because they seem to always fall on my weekends and the stay more nights over holidays. I also take them on more outings.

Comment

Originally posted by zanman View Post
          I get quite a few extra as I take my oldest to allot of ringette tournaments because they seem to always fall on my weekends and the stay more nights over holidays. I also take them on more outings.
          if there are ringette tournaments on your week end that really doesn't count as it is your week-end already. Now if you were doing it on your exs weekend then that would count.

Focus only on the time when it is your exs time and you have the kids. Outings don't matter either unless it is on your exs time.

Comment

Be grateful your getting as much access as you are getting, ignore the rest. It won't look good if you try to change custody just based on the fact that they spend more time with you. Also remembering your saving yourself the after school costs, not just their mom because your responsible for the lions share of s7 costs.

Comment

Thanks for all the great advice

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X