This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion to Change ?

I am filling out the motion to change forms. Form 15.

I am attempting to change custody from joint to sole and access from every other weekend to supervised.

They keep asking about who is paying and who is recieving child support. At the moment my x is not paying anything nor is there a court order to do so. Should I just leave the boxes blank? She is on welfare so I'm sure she is not legally able to pay any. If I am wrong and she is what other forms should I fill out?

I live in a different city. Child has lived here with me full time for over a year. Because two final orders have already been made can I file the motion to change here rather then the city where it all began because she now resides here?

Will legal aid help the x out any longer since there have already been two final orders?

Thanks so much.

Typically you can file in the city the child lives in, so I believe you can file there.

Comment

Changing a final order is harder than obtaining it, keep that in mind. First time, you are dealing with your egos only, second time you are also dealing with judge's ego who passed the final order. This is something I learned through very expensive experience.

If things are going okay and as per your wishes and child is not being harmed, don't bother what the papers say. Learn to live with different style of parenting by ex; it is actually healthy for the kids and they adjust very quickly to it.

Comment

The child is being harmed. She is was being sexualy abused. CAS has advised me to do this.

Comment

Doesn't CAS open a court case/motion already, and take control, with a situation like this?

Comment

No Daughter lived with me atm. She is not allowed to go there while the criminal investigation is going. They don't go and change my order theirselves.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X