No announcement yet.

deducting legal fees as net payor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mention "other adjustments" as if it's guaranteed.

Let's say house sold and after mortgage debt there's 400k in trust.
    You get into arrears and ordered to pay 50k from trust. Now equalization would be 250k ex and 150k you, give or take a few comics and purses.

The simple/basic orders you mentioned should have been included in your first order. If not, a conference judge would have no problem giving you that. Therapy or other medical assistance should be done through family dr, but a motion may be needed.

Comment

400 was pretty close lol, she got 65k cash, i got 65k to pay CRA because she spent all the money I saved to pay them in 2018 (which also made up my NFP)

there is about 128k for her and 70k for me. EP is coming in around 130k right now owed to me and is accurate..ours is not that complicated.

She already got 50K from my half of the house. It really created the problem because she has 128k in assetts and owes me over 200k..she has known about what she has owed since the beginning..so we will see.

We do have to bring a motion for all of that..simple basic orders. The ex decided to withhold access when I could only afford to give 7400 a month instead of 10k. She basically would say in front of the kids, I am not going to bring them unless you pay me. We did a compliance order and she was warned if this continued she could end up with therapeutic access. That was june 2020, nothing changed. Access was not occuring and the very specific things the judge ordered were not obeyed. Finally brought contempt in may and all of a sudden she complied.

the therapy is because my daughter is so scared to show affection to me in front of her mom, she won't take pictures with me on her phone because her mom will see it, she has adopted her mom's maiden name...pretty bad stuff that needs structure therapy...but they are resisting it..it won't go well for them

Comment

in terms of the amount she owes that she cannot cover...she has SS that she can use to pay it down over time, and she will have to get realistic with her spending

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X