Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 05:05 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkyface View Post
Fixed tmac's gender-slanging. Thanks, blink, it bugged me too.
I agree that it's always better to keep it gender-less but for the fairness lets take a look.

Child and Spousal Support: Maintenance Enforcement Survey Statistics 2009/2010

Table 6 Maintenance enforcement cases enrolled, by sex of payor and recipient, at March 31

Total Year 2010

Cases enrolled 114,420
Male payor / female recipient 96%
Female payor / male recipient 3%
Unknown 1%

and it's only "Enforcement" part...
Old 11-01-2011, 05:23 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

Then we can trot out stats on which gender more often walk away from their kids.

By which I mean - you miss the point that it is better not to generalize when there ARE exceptions (more or less, depending on the example).
Old 11-01-2011, 05:49 PM

tmac is on a distinguished road

sorry about that
Old 11-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkyface View Post
Then we can trot out stats on which gender more often walk away from their kids.

By which I mean - you miss the point that it is better not to generalize when there ARE exceptions (more or less, depending on the example).
and where I missed that point ? I wrote
Quote:
I agree that it's always better to keep it gender-less
I am not arguing that we should generalize ... Of course there are exception and in this statistics they total 4%

As for
Quote:
which gender more often walk away from their kids.
I think it not so easy to collect such statistics as it much more to consider... For example my ex also saying that "I left my son". She probably will keep saying that if Judge order Sole custody to me (for example)...

but I agree with you that would be interested to see statistics where father do not want to have "Joint custody with 50/50 time residence" and mother totally agree with him to have it ?

I hope you would not consider father who lost custody or just could not handle all that Canadian Family Law machine or even thous who took their life because of that as "walk out from their kids" ?

What would be your estimation ?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:02 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

...or you could choose NOT to hijack this thread for your own personal agenda and visit one of the 4000 other already existing threads on this topic.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:28 PM

I do not have personal agenda here and I was not the one who started it...
Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

What are you...5?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:33 PM

LostFather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefunone View Post
Couldn't agree more....oh and wait - on top of that there are those damn Section 7 expenses where...right now...I pay 90%...and she pays 10%....best work my ass off....and then look for a second job someplace...hopw I can squeeze in time for my kids along the way....LMFAO....yes that was just me being sarcastic
Unfortunately thats gonna be your reality for through foreseeable future. If you slow down on the work and work normal hrs she'll complain and say you're under employed.

The good news...she's got a mba? Kids going to school...part time....full time...get a f'ing job! If she refuses have her income imputed.

Gravy train stops...so to speak. You should be able to.see your children. If she argues that you didn't mind working the o/t. I would counter that when you were together seeing your children would be much easier....things change and so will your income.

Careful with selling the house...some thinking says that the money goes towards income = more cs.

Be strong hold your ground. Fight for your children. Society wants us to be check book daddies, be a good dad...good dads pay cs...thats how we're judged in family law unfortunately. We're good enough to keep access just below the threshold of having to pay cs...hence dads having access to every second weekend and one night through the week....but try and get that one more day!!! Alllll just coincidence lol. But more and more fathers are standing up for their rights and the rights of their rights children.

Anyway sorry to.ramble...good luck.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
I agree that it's always better to keep it gender-less but for the fairness lets take a look.

Child and Spousal Support: Maintenance Enforcement Survey Statistics 2009/2010

Table 6 Maintenance enforcement cases enrolled, by sex of payor and recipient, at March 31

Total Year 2010

Cases enrolled 114,420
Male payor / female recipient 96%
Female payor / male recipient 3%
Unknown 1%

and it's only "Enforcement" part...
Interesting and disgusting all at the same time.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
I do not have personal agenda here and I was not the one who started it...
The op hasn't complained. Someone's always gotta step in. I am not speaking for the op but as a father I might wanna know the stats and if I don't...I just don't read what I don't want to...easy, peasey.
Closed Thread