Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:18 PM

thistoshallpass is on a distinguished road
Default Right to know where kid's are?

My friend has a court order for access of every other weekend and I week night a week. Although there is no order for vacation time, she has offered ex to have the children during his vacation time next week. The problem is he has moved in with GF and he refuses to provide my friend with an address as to where the children will be during this vacation time. He has lead my friend to believe that he still has an apartment, where the children were supposedly staying during his access weekends, when indeed he had his home phone number transferred to his cell phone which has no voice mail on it. Now she is very hesitant to let them go for a week not knowing where they are. Anyone have any thoughts, or suggestionsfficeffice" />>>
Old 06-25-2009, 02:29 PM

billm is on a distinguished road

He should tell her.

They are not just her kids, she cannot decide to cut off his access because she is not getting along with her ex. She can ask where they are, but she should not have getting the answer depend on whether she lets her kids see their father.

Suggest to not make an issue of it, and he will probably tell her at some point. The kids should have free reign to contact their mother (or father) and should not be under any pressure as to what they can and cannot say (like where they are). She will have to work with their father, rather than against him, for the best interests of the kids. He will learn by example.

Last edited by billm; 06-25-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 PM

She has no intention of stoping his regular access, his access is this weekend Friday at 5 until Sunday at 8. It is them being gone for the week with no knowledge of where they are that troubles her.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:48 PM

The kid's are 2 1/2 and 8, his lawyers office requested the info from him and he still refused
Old 06-25-2009, 03:29 PM

billm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoshallpass View Post
She has no intention of stoping his regular access
I didn't say 'regular' access. I meant all access, including the agreed to week.
Closed Thread