Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:31 PM

tunnelight has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If you truly don't love him then I would just let him know you want a simple divorce. Sell the home 50.50 and move on.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:14 PM

Frostrated is on a distinguished road

Well, a year ago that might have worked but since the cocaine, he's been a jumble of erratic behaviour and irrational reasoning. I'm in a crappy position.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:17 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Go to your local courthouse and file for a peace bond. They will serve him and the two of you will have to appear before a judge. You feel threatened. Judge very well may order the two of you have to stay xx-meters apart and give him order not to contact you directly but to direct through your lawyer. Typically they order the peace bond on both parties (judges like to appear fair).

This is serious. Under no conditions should you contact him. Stop the email now. You owe it to yourself and your family to take this inexpensive step towards legally banning him from contacting you anymore.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:31 PM

I have tried to stop all contact. Last week, he went off on me about how I've been so deceitful and what a liar I am. He said he dropped off the signed separation agreement on my daughter's birthday and left them on the porch with some candy for her (she's 14!). He's lying. My son was home all day and the dogs would have notified him someone was at our door, because they go berserk. Plus, he had a shopping addiction and for three months, packages arrived on my porch every single day. Nothing was stolen. He accused me of lying and said not to say I didn't get the papers if I really did.

Then an hour later, he said that if I met him for dinner, I can bring a copy of the agreement and he would sign the papers right there on the spot. When I told him he can send the signed papers to my lawyer, he flipped. Told me he's going to search out my kids' dad and "set shit straight". Threatened that I would have to repay all my child support (which was not based on my marital status). I finally told him that would be the last time he is to email, text or call me ever again. I said if he did, I would consider it harassment.

The next day he made a new email address and sent me two more. One apologizing to me for something and the second one claiming he has a mental illness and that's why he sends emails that he loves me and misses me, but the angry ones are because I provoke him.

I can't stop him from making new emails and my lawyer said if he doesn't threaten me or my kids, we can't get a restraining order. I'm having a security camera installed tomorrow but this isn't right. I shouldn't feel scared in my own home. I'm at a loss.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:34 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Let him send you emails. Ignore them. If it isnt someone you know or a list you are on, delete it. Or change your email address and let the people closest to you know.

You CAN ignore him.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:44 PM

I was going to change my email but I have so many accounts linked to it. I'll just have to keep ignoring but it's really not fair that if I say no contact, he continues. We don't share children together, so there is no reason for him to need to contact me. I thought it was going to be easier since there's no custody issue but he's making it so much harder than necessary.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:40 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

When he stops getting a reaction he will move on. As long as he is getting a response he will continue. That includes anything like please contact my lawyer. Until he provides the paperwork to your lawyer there is nothing to say. If he delays too long, file a motion to get it done. Period.

He feeds on the contact and as long as he thinks he had your attention he will continue.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:59 PM

You're totally right. He doesn't care how I respond, as long as I do. My concern is, that he refuses to tell me where he lives, so I have no idea how we would serve him.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:12 PM

Kinso is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a process server pull his driverís license
Or get court permission to serve him by email
Old 11-09-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinso View Post
Have a process server pull his driverís license
Or get court permission to serve him by email
Thank you!