Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miscarriages of Justice in Family Court?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscarriages of Justice in Family Court?

As we know, Miscarriage of Justice is defined as;
    The unjust and inappropriate outcome of a court proceeding.

Now my question is, how to address these issues and do i have the right to inquire answers from the Judge who made these orders.
    My case is very confusing because orders are made and then asked for verification at another date. my ex was asked on many occasions from the Judge to bring proof and or reason to why a restraining order is necessary
    and proof to section 7 expenses, which was made into a final order and still no response from my ex regarding these particulars , the Judge also made an error in calculating my spacial expenses. My ex claims she pays $9 day again no proof supporting these costs, the Judge then calculated our income to determine my percentage of contribution for spacial expenses which was base on or combined income divided by mine which was 66.7% of $198. If you do the math it equals $132.07 but the Judge ordered me to pay $143, also my income was rounded to the nearest thousand not hundred. it only makes a $1 difference but it's the principal and why pay $143.28 extra a year?, its bad enough the costs are imputed. Now i know for a fact my ex pays nothing via the region of peel stating she pays $0 and childcare is covered in full by the region of peel, they also clarify if she made over 22k then she'll pay a very small difference and her notice of assessment(s) are all under 22k and she is in school on o.s.a.p. which is also paying for childcare. C'mon once your in school o.s.a.p. covers daycare. she also does claim child support or daycare expense. i start paying for this expense February 1, 2008 and is still currently paying
    What can i do to fix this? will they retro pay me back?. I am in court on June 3,10 for my motion to change Case Conference. In my eyes i am a victim of; undue hardship/abuse of process and miscarriages of Justice
    Correct me if i am wrong please!

Thanks Jay

$9 here, $1 there??!! Give your head a shake.

You're wrong insofar as you want the busy courts to be held accountable on principle for errors that are insignificant.

If you want to make principled arguments, join a debating club. The courts are too busy to hear you crying about the little things.

Comment

Ok so what you are stating $3744.00 is insignificant? bet it would pay 3 months of your mortgage! Money grows on trees where you are from im guessing, lets just make up numbers and order them, where is the principal in that? So just suck it up because i judge cant read..if you viewed the endorsement he can't write and do math, tax payers should just sit back and watch incompetence from professionals, your out to lunch. you just admitted a Judge is too busy.. sound like An excuse for professional malpractice to me..opinion are like assholes, everyone as one, but on this forum your asshole here...!! this is a help/information forum..seriously why even waste your time to reply NEGATIVELY..!! Who pays for the court house and the very seat judges sit in?

Comment

I think that even considering dipping your toes into the courts for only $12 a month is cutting off your nose to spite your face. For most people, the aggrivation and stress that would arise from fighting this isn't worth the $12. If it's worth it to you, go ahead, but I doubt any outcome will be satisfactory for you.

As for your last question, as I understand it, Accounts Payable pays for the chairs that the judges sit in, as well as all the other chairs. The more you know!

Comment

Try making your posts a little more cogent.

Before getting lost in your running sentence you present as a paragaraph, one only sees numbers like $132 or $9 or "it only makes a $1 difference but it's the principal and why pay $143.28 extra a year".

All of a sudden you are talking about $3,744/year. Who wants to sort through a poorly written rant to find the big numbers that are only in your head until you come out guns blazing in defiance of what someone else says? Not me!

Try taking the story that is so well told in your head and presenting it here so that people can read it and have even 10% of the comprehension you do.

You're one of many people here who don't like what they hear and all of a sudden the anger comes out and everyone who doesn't show up in their Sunday best to your pity party is an asshole.
          Last edited by dadtotheend; 05-04-2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Did you ever stop to think how much it costs taxpayers to have a case like that run? Even if you pay your own lawyer "we" still have to pay for the judge, courtroom, and all the staff.

Believe me, $12 a month is not worth the hassle, and if you really cared about your child you would suck it up. I have, and it's a lot more than $12 a month.

Comment

Sorry if I wasn't clear before, I have been paying $143 towards piano and daycare, when I have asked for receipts and she cannot provide them. I finally served her with a Request for information for proof of payments since the beginning of payments which was February 1, 2008 to current. She only provided me imputed amounts that contradict a letter submitted by the Director at Daycare, and she did not provide receipts for the piano lessons, and only bank statement dated back to January, 2009 to current proving the imputed amounts that did not come out to $9/day but $7.48/day. Now the most important facts: 1) she has a subsidy daycare and only pays a small fee towards daycare 2) she has been a student since 2008 to current so she is receiving OSAP 3) she is not claiming that she receives monthly child support of $462 and expenditures of $143 on her income tax, or to subsidy and OSAP.
              Now taking in those facts is safe to say that not only am I paying for daycare so is OSAP and Subsidy. Now isn't that a crime? So think about it who pays for subsidy?YOU, taxpayers. Where do you think Accounts Payable gets their money from?
              DADTOTHEEND: Sorry about the "Asshole"comment, nor am I crying or want self pity, I just need general information.

Comment

Child support is not income. It has no effect on her line 150.

How much does she pay for daycare? If she is in school, she has no income (thus the OSAP) and you would be responsible for almost 100% of daycare costs (based on both of your Line 150). At $7.48 a day for daycare it sounds like this is definitely subsidized cost. That would cost under $40 a week, and I am paying $170. Sounds to me like you are getting a great deal!

If you have joint custody then you should be able to get copies of these receipts from the daycare and piano teacher. Or at least they should be able to verbally tell you the costs.

Comment

You guys aren't very helpful and actually very discouraging!!! Be Careful what you say and if you can't be helpful stop wasting your time writing useless information. I am not complaining about paying my child support, what I am complaining about is paying for something that doesn't exists. I am complaining about the $143 that I have to pay for without her showing any proof of these costs.

Comment

Have you've been on OSAP before, I have contacted OSAP and they informed me that Line 220 for Non-Taxable Income (which is Child support) and Line 214 is for daycare expenses. Now none of these lines show on her notice of assessment therefore OSAP thinks that she is not receiving help for these costs. Therefore they are giving her $7.48 to pay for Daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by jaysneed View Post
                      You guys aren't very helpful and actually very discouraging!!! Be Careful what you say and if you can't be helpful stop wasting your time writing useless information. I am not complaining about paying my child support, what I am complaining about is paying for something that doesn't exists. I am complaining about the $143 that I have to pay for without her showing any proof of these costs.
                      Who said your were complaining about paying CS??
                      I'm sorry, but if your child is in daycare, then someone is paying it, regardless of whether you have seen receipts or not. And the cost is VERY low compared to what most families pay. You are complaining about not seeing receipts for this low cost...why??

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
                        Child support is not income. It has no effect on her line 150.

How much does she pay for daycare? If she is in school, she has no income (thus the OSAP) and you would be responsible for almost 100% of daycare costs (based on both of your Line 150). At $7.48 a day for daycare it sounds like this is definitely subsidized cost. That would cost under $40 a week, and I am paying $170. Sounds to me like you are getting a great deal!

If you have joint custody then you should be able to get copies of these receipts from the daycare and piano teacher. Or at least they should be able to verbally tell you the costs.
                        Child Support isn't but expenditures are!!!!!!!!!! And OSAP does need to know if your receiving money for these costs because then they wouldn't give you as much.

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
                          Who said your were complaining about paying CS??
                          I'm sorry, but if your child is in daycare, then someone is paying it, regardless of whether you have seen receipts or not. And the cost is VERY low compared to what most families pay. You are complaining about not seeing receipts for this low cost...why??
                          So why are you paying $170 a week?

Comment

Originally posted by jaysneed View Post
                            Now taking in those facts is safe to say that not only am I paying for daycare so is OSAP and Subsidy. Now isn't that a crime? So think about it who pays for subsidy?YOU, taxpayers.
                            That's right, we are paying. That's because we have a social safety net in this city, province and country that allows your ex to retrain and get a break in daycare.

If we weren't paying, then the cost would be much higher, like $1,000/mth of which YOU would be paying the lion's share. It's you that's getting the sweetheart deal here.

And you continue to insult the people who are telling you that not only are you sweating the petty stuff, but that are also telling you that you are getting a good deal. And you still find a way to get pissed off.

There's smoke coming out of your nose and ears. Show a little restraint.

Comment

When your child is around only for monetary gain it is considered CHILD ABUSE. Not only did she fool the courts that she pays for daycare. she fooled subsidy by not claiming that she receives expenditures for daycare costs and that is why she pays so little. For OSAP, she doesn't claim she receives money for the small daycare fee that I contribute too so they give her money for that. But this is OK because she is a Custodial Parent, but now if it was anyone else defrauding the system they would get a fine and possibly imprisonment.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X