being turned down by the office of the child lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paco View Post
    I've been declined twice, at third time they agreed involvement, but keep in mind no one case fits all. Send me a private message and we'll discuss further.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply... I taking care of my toronto childten all summer..doing daddy day care ... so we’re running around downtown Toronto this weekend ... I’ll text you back earlier next week

Have a good day

Comment

being turned down by the office of the child lawyer

Originally posted by toronto_father View Post
      The problem is I over pay on my support yearly to two mothers...as I believe in bribery... to the mommies!
      This is your problem not the courts or the mother. What exactly are you bribing them on, to do what you want? Thats control.
      The moms are great mothers ... it’s that one of them wanted a fatherless baby...didn’t even want support...I had to sue her to force her to take my money ...
      Im sure its much more than that and based on the madness you’ve shared on this forum, I would run too. And you don’t agree with the mother’s way of raising the child so truly shes not a “great mother”.

So the court is mad I’m bribing the wrong people...
      Pretty sure the court believes you’re a danger to the child. Based on your posts, you come across as one posterboard away from a street corner preacher. Judges are astute in this area of law and since most of them make good salaries following years of high income, they don’t need your “bribery”.

More than likely you were turned down by OCL because the child resides in another city. OCL is not the be all and end all either. A simple search on this forum shows a lot of people arguing against the OCL. A few who had good recommendations that aren’t being followed. In your case OCL would have probably fallen on the side of the mother.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
        This is your problem not the courts or the mother. What exactly are you bribing them on, to do what you want? Thats control.

Im sure its much more than that and based on the madness you’ve shared on this forum, I would run too. And you don’t agree with the mother’s way of raising the child so truly shes not a “great mother”.

Pretty sure the court believes you’re a danger to the child. Based on your posts, you come across as one posterboard away from a street corner preacher. Judges are astute in this area of law and since most of them make good salaries following years of high income, they don’t need your “bribery”.

More than likely you were turned down by OCL because the child resides in another city. OCL is not the be all and end all either. A simple search on this forum shows a lot of people arguing against the OCL. A few who had good recommendations that aren’t being followed. In your case OCL would have probably fallen on the side of the mother.
        You took the long road ... but you did answer my question...so a big thank you

Enjoy the weekend

Judges are picked and selected from those who will bring in the most income for those operating in the court... I don’t know if you know this but a judge is picked from the best and brightest of the local memebers of the bar who have proven earning potential...

It’s a great buisiness to be in...I’d have my nose at the trough too... I just get sick to my stomach at the thought of profiting off the misery of children...

It’s a free country if you want to donate to your local judge or his friends and family instead of giving that money to your kids ... feel free ... me not so much

Eventually.....the child will buy thier own bus ticket and just leave

All the machinations of mom and court undone by the child themselves...

Judge didn’t like hearing that either....

Like I said before.. have a good weekend

Comment

I find your participation on this forum completely disgusting and your comments equally so. You do an injustice to the hundreds of parents who are fighting to protect their children from legitimate emotional and physical concerns. Kids who are living in rat infested rentals, with drug dealing parents, those being abused by a step parent and some who are not getting medical care for cancer. You are simply upset that your ex won’t follow a diet you believe cures a condition they haven’t been diagnosed with. And when people on this forum try to point out to you where you went wrong you go and insult them for what you see as ignorance. The only ignorant person here is you.

You are not a victim of injustice or a legal system out to harm parents. You are not a hero among men because you pay child support. You are not a medical expert with the secret of life. Stop insulting us with your garbage.

Comment

I find your participation on this forum completely disgusting and your comments equally so. You do an injustice to the hundreds of parents who are fighting to protect their children from legitimate emotional and physical concerns. Kids who are living in rat infested rentals, with drug dealing parents, those being abused by a step parent and some who are not getting medical care for cancer. You are simply upset that your ex won’t follow a diet you believe cures a condition they haven’t been diagnosed with. And when people on this forum try to point out to you where you went wrong you go and insult them for what you see as ignorance. The only ignorant person here is you.

You are not a victim of injustice or a legal system out to harm parents. You are not a hero among men because you pay child support. You are not a medical expert with the secret of life. Stop insulting us with your garbage.
            I’ve been called crazy on this forum and I’m not here crying about it....I’ve not contacted any moderators to wipe away my tears....

But you and I are very different ... I’d never call into question your ability to be a parent cause our beliefs or politics don’t align ...but you and your buddies on here are ready to do your worst... but cry like babies at the slightest challenge ....

I’ll make this easy for you... since you’re a champion of the current status quo court system as is....why don’t you post even one study here showing how our for profit system serves children’s best interests... your judges/lawyer darlings heroes ... here’s your chance to sing thier praises....post your evidence...and shut me up!

Since scientists study everything(mating habits of hamsters in Syria) it should be easy for you to back up your claims... since it’s children were talking about you should have no problem flooding me with data....

So show us all how lawyers and judges should be venerated like firefighters and ems workers...

I want to hear all about those angels in thier BMWs....

And by the way... I was minding my own business in my own thread... I didn’t come into your thread and take a dump on the floor...

Have a good weekend

Comment

OCL often declines to participate in cases. I see it all over the case law. This is not necessarily a bad thing for you. Based on what you have disclosed on this forum, you would likely be facing an OCL report that was wildly unfavourable to you.

You have to play nice for a while. Do mediation, comply completely with traditional medical advice. Don't post anything anywhere online. Do that for about two to three years, and then try to increase custody.

In the event that you do happen to get some increase in custody, the bad news is that you will still have to play nice. You will not be able to get your way, your medical views are unsupported. If the mother was on board, then you guys could try whatever non-fatal medical intervention you guys felt was appropriate. Mom is not on board though, so in a battle between "science" and "faith", science is going to win. I've read your stuff, you think it is science, but it is not, and will not be perceived as such.

So, the child will not be treated as you want. There is zero chance of that happening. Your choice is not treatment vs. non-treatment. Your choice is between being part of your child's life or not. To be part of your child's life, you have to abandon (or at least squelch) your medical views.

You *really* do not want an OCL report at this time. You are not in the right headspace to pull it off. Thank your lucky stars that they declined to be a part of your case.

Comment

Like Janus says, I would not pursue having OCL involved in your case. Luckily your ex doesn't interfer or cancel access to your kids, and luckily she's not alienating the kids against you.

It's known that the system is biased against fathers but I clearly see that it's improving in recent years, it's heading to a good direction. Just to give you an example, we recently had our Case Conference where a female judge slapped my ex counsel for about 5 min continuously. I was astonished, she read my material and the OCL report, she addressed directly to her to come to a consent to dad, she asked her : " what you'll do lady if children refuse to go to school? You'll keep them home?. Same principle applies to access to their father". And she slapped her again : " there are clear alienation concerns raised in the OCL report, you should better allocate your funds for children's needs but not for further litigation, you should accept the OCL recommendations ".

This lady judge was amazing, even though her tough words, my ex didn't agree to consent for OCL recommendations. But that's my case, pure alienation and completely different than your case my friend. My advice to you is to get along with mother and try to increase access in the next 2 years or so if that's what you want, forcing a child on a diet is kind of a crazy thing and believe me, you will be forbidden by the court to see your kids if you continue on this path.

Moreover, I see that you're enjoying your children all summer long, good for you and to be honest I envy you. I supposed to have my kids with me this long weekend but my ex decided otherwise.

I am the opinion and a strong supporter that the family court system here should address the fatherlessness, as a whole plague, being their priority number one in all cases (rulling out child abuse of course) and being drastic in ordering when dealing with alienator parents, usually the custodial parent. In A.F. v. J.W., 2013 - justice Harper was amazing, I read this case law again and again, my hat down for justice Harper.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                Last edited by paco; 08-04-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                  OCL often declines to participate in cases. I see it all over the case law. This is not necessarily a bad thing for you. Based on what you have disclosed on this forum, you would likely be facing an OCL report that was wildly unfavourable to you.

You have to play nice for a while. Do mediation, comply completely with traditional medical advice. Don't post anything anywhere online. Do that for about two to three years, and then try to increase custody.

In the event that you do happen to get some increase in custody, the bad news is that you will still have to play nice. You will not be able to get your way, your medical views are unsupported. If the mother was on board, then you guys could try whatever non-fatal medical intervention you guys felt was appropriate. Mom is not on board though, so in a battle between "science" and "faith", science is going to win. I've read your stuff, you think it is science, but it is not, and will not be perceived as such.

So, the child will not be treated as you want. There is zero chance of that happening. Your choice is not treatment vs. non-treatment. Your choice is between being part of your child's life or not. To be part of your child's life, you have to abandon (or at least squelch) your medical views.

You *really* do not want an OCL report at this time. You are not in the right headspace to pull it off. Thank your lucky stars that they declined to be a part of your case.

I appreciate the post and you included some well thought out advice.

I`m disappointed we were turned down, a lot could have some to the surface. They could have seen my parenting style with my other children.

I was at the dentist with them last month and I asked the dentist about their care. my early teen children have not ever had a cavity in their baby teeth or new adult teeth. mom#1 and make it work...in a 1000 ways...its just sad the turn of events with mom#2

I have a great working relationship with #1 mom.....and that is what I want with mom #2....

Comment

I dont have it out for lawyers...ect

about a month ago I was at a meeting(not related to my court situation) and I was talking with a lawyer there. The conversation turned to our children and I mentioned the success we had had with diet and behavior. The lawyer wanted to know everything I knew on the subject. So I spent 20 mins going over the adventure and victories and defeats. ....They had their own reasons for being curious and I hope it helps someone somewhere....

Only advice I had was do a trial for a few days, you should see improvement in a day or 2, sometimes small if you are on the right track. but if you don't see changes after 3 to 4 days move on to something else....or go back to what you know

even with all the rough handling Ive gotten on here.... I don't feel any ill will....

hope you're having a good day doing what you do..

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X