Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receive child support twice?

Hello,
    I am wondering if a child can receive child support twice.

Example:
    Child's mother and father divorce. Father wins custody. Biological mother pays child support.

Father remarries. New wife acts as mother. Father divorces again.

Can Father ask for a second child support for the same child?

Thanks!

Yes they can if the second marriage was of any length of time and the person acted as a parent. I refer to it as "double dipping" and find it disgusting but I know of 2 custodial moms who have done this. They were once my friends many years ago but after witnessing them go through divorce and how they conducted themselves I had to distance myself from them

Comment

OK, I'll give you some more details:

There has already been a trial for the second divorce and the father didn't ask for child support. However, in the reasons for judgment, the judge admits two facts:

- the mariage was short (max. 3 years)
      - the other parent (mother 2) acted as a parent
      - the father of the child did not contribute almost anything to the marriage

Does the father has any chance to ask for a second child support? He already receives child support from the 1st mother.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyday123 View Post
        There has already been a trial for the second divorce and the father didn't ask for child support.

Does the father has any chance to ask for a second child support? He already receives child support from the 1st mother.
        If the trial did not address the issue of CS (I'm assuming because he never brought an application for it?) then I think he can start the process now, by filing an application for it.

Comment

OK, I'll give you some more details:

There has already been a trial for the second divorce and the father didn't ask for child support. However, in the reasons for judgment, the judge admits two facts:

- the mariage was short (max. 3 years)
          - the other parent (mother 2) acted as a parent
          - the father of the child did not contribute almost anything to the marriage

Thanks!
          it was a really short marriage and I am not sure that he should even bother to ask for CS. He already is getting CS support from the bio mother. Doesn't matter what sex does it, its just wrong and $$$motivated.

Comment

Let me tell you something else:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
            At trial, which took place more than a year ago, the judge asked the father: "Do you ask for child support for your first marriage child?". Litterally, he answered: "Oh, no". However, for other reasons, the reasons of judgment after trial indicate that "step mother acted as a mother for the child" because step mother supported all the familly, father did not contribute (so, she had no choice??). I don't know if this makes any difference. Child has been receiving CS from biological mother for about 4 years one and biological mother is involved in his life and provides emotional support for him.

Comment

Let me tell you something else:fficeffice" /><O></O>
              At trial, which took place more than a year ago, the judge asked the father: "Do you ask for child support for your first marriage child?". Litterally, he answered: "Oh, no". However, for other reasons, the reasons of judgment after trial indicate that "step mother acted as a mother for the child" because step mother supported all the familly, father did not contribute (so, she had no choice??). I don't know if this makes any difference. Child has been receiving CS from biological mother for about 4 years one and biological mother is involved in his life and provides emotional support for him.
              sounds like he is a real winner.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X