Cross-examining an OCL clinician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-examining an OCL clinician

Did anyone went through cross-examining an OCL clinician before? Let's say the OCL recommendations are in your favour, what will be your questioning based on to bring up the route cause which formed their recommendations? Is there a standard procedure, something like asking the clinician of his/her professional background and experience, should I ask anything from disclosure meeting or just from his/her report only and collateral sources? Any advice would help, thanks.

The report is disclosed however it is not part of the record. If you are in favour of the OCL report you want them to give testimony about what they did, what they saw, and their findings (expert opinion evidence).

I believe the OCL will assign a lawyer to the clinician if the case goes to trial.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
      The report is disclosed however it is not part of the record. If you are in favour of the OCL report you want them to give testimony about what they did, what they saw, and their findings (expert opinion evidence).

I believe the OCL will assign a lawyer to the clinician if the case goes to trial.
      that's correct. Particularly in our case the clinician was ordered to appear for questioning at a long motion. The OCL's lawyer can be present at the long motion but I don't believe that the OCL lawyer will give testimony on behalf of the clinician, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X