dealing with liars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dealing with liars

Evidence is important can't just point and say "liar" and people lie like rugs starting with the affidavits then Case Conferences false accusations are a favorite when do they catch up to people? How?

They are not an overly bad person but they do have anger issues but this is a woman, they lie or "make mistakes" a lot. They of course only lie about things to the spouse or in the family court area like assessors. The lawyer could be a pro liar as well.

affidavit > Case Conference > Final Settlement Conference > Trial

By the time it gets to a Final Settlement or Trial
    Claimed child abuse on affidavit when none comes out of Section 30 or OCL report.
    Many smaller lies to create narrative.
    Lawyer makes false written accusations over a period of time. Are they the lawyers statements or clients? Are their technicalities and excuses to escape with?
    Do small lies to the spouse count? Like saying the kids are sleeping and can't talk to you right now and you can prove they were awake?

Wow it’s awful when you know your ex is lying through their teeth and it feels like it’s on you to disprove it all.

My ex is lying through his teeth as well. I feel like I have many emails to show their statements are lies.

I have had two lawyers now that refuse to lie or play the ex’s nasty game back with him. Where on earth do they find these nasty lawyers that will do anything to win.

My lawyer keeps telling me the truth will come out at trial when my ex is on the stand and is questioned about all the things he has put in his paperwork and the statements that have been made.

I think both sides have the burden of proof.
    I have ocl involved. My ex states he has never seen our children on a regular basis and that I withheld them until he paid me support. Lol

So ocl comes on and says “ kids, how often do you see your dad?” Kids tell the only truth their is. We see daddy every other weekend from Friday to Sunday...

My ex used to hold my support hostage. He would come get the kids. Take 1/2 hour to get them on the car... I would have to stand there and watch and then once they were finally all buckled in... I would then have to beg for my child support.

Yet he stated in the court papers I wouldn’t let the kids out of the house until he paid whatever I demanded of him. Not sure how he can prove this lie?
    I hope your truth comes out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think a justice would roll their eyes and order CS through FRO. Waste of taxpayers money if you can't see that. Unless you are one of those people who like to stay connected to their ex or someone who likes the drama?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        I think a justice would roll their eyes and order CS through FRO. Waste of taxpayers money if you can't see that. Unless you are one of those people who like to stay connected to their ex or someone who likes the drama?

Well the funny thing is I sent him to FRO before he made those statements. Before I even filed my motion to enforce Section 7. He ignored FRO, then they garnished his wages... so I hope they see through all his lies...

FRO is a wonderful thing when it works. I get my support every Monday deposited in my bank. No more begging...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by notAngry View Post
          Evidence is important can't just point and say "liar" and people lie like rugs starting with the affidavits then Case Conferences false accusations are a favorite when do they catch up to people? How?

They are not an overly bad person but they do have anger issues but this is a woman, they lie or "make mistakes" a lot. They of course only lie about things to the spouse or in the family court area like assessors. The lawyer could be a pro liar as well.

affidavit > Case Conference > Final Settlement Conference > Trial

By the time it gets to a Final Settlement or Trial
          Claimed child abuse on affidavit when none comes out of Section 30 or OCL report.
          Many smaller lies to create narrative.
          Lawyer makes false written accusations over a period of time. Are they the lawyers statements or clients? Are their technicalities and excuses to escape with?
          Do small lies to the spouse count? Like saying the kids are sleeping and can't talk to you right now and you can prove they were awake?
          Lawyers make money when people fight. That is what it comes down to. Family court judges weren't born yesterday and understand "the game" of lying. Process is simple: one person lies on affidavit.... other person is aghast at mistruths and responds with a lengthy affidavit of their own... and so it goes on. End result - high billable hours. I personally believe that the more equity in matrimonial home and high client income, the longer the fight goes on. Smart-moneyed people see the scam for what it is and settle out of court long before matters escalate and lawyers are driving around in new cars.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X