Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, there is a drop-in centre we visit occasionally (and I've helped them with fund-raising and other issues in the past) that can take her. I've just arranged that.

Of course if she is not able to accomodate the change, then it is my responsibility. She always has the option of saying no, I can't accomodate. But she has already indicated that she can take her that morning (but only if I give up the entire access visit).

Comment

Sounds like your best solution. I would wait to tell her of the arrangements using the drop-off centre until the child is with you. That way she can't refuse the visit at the last minute. Or if you don't have to tell her, even better.
      Last edited by billiechic; 01-11-2010, 05:13 PM. Reason: typing

Comment

I just have to give her adequate notice of the change in exchange location.

And I expect she will make a stink about the change ... even though the drop-in centre is on the way from her house to our usual exchange location. Not much I can do about that, except to say that if she does not want to pick her up from the drop-in centre at the usual time (noon), I'll pick her up at 3pm, and we can arrange handover after that.

Ridiculous....
        Last edited by dinkyface; 01-11-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I just had an Aha!

I was looking everywhere to see what rules were for 'make-up visits', and found nothing. Our consent order says nothing. BUT our order does talk about schedule date changes requiring 7 days notice.

So that's what this is... a schedule change - but for a partial day only i.e. I'm requesting to move 1/4 of Day A to Day B. Since I'm leaving it to the CP to choose Day B, the most likely cause for difficulty should be when CP cannot accommodate the change on Day A.

It now becomes much easier to think about!
          Last edited by dinkyface; 01-11-2010, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X