X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Questions

Hello everyone.

I have some general questions- hoping to get answers.
    I am separated nearly a year. No Separation agreement in place but draft has been put together. We share custody and I have greater than 40% access.

1. Does my EX have a say in who watches my children in the event a daycare provider or babysitter is needed?

2. By staying over at my girlfriends's house with the kids put me in risk for anything? We do NOT live there. We visit and stay over a few times a month.

3. Recently she is suggesting that I am not returning items ie Children's meds and even suggesting that my daughter has "bed bug bites" I know there are no "bed bugs", but what should I do?

As I understand, she has recently read the DRAFT separation agreement and disagrees with certain issues. This said, she may be pissed off with me. Do I need to cover my butt in the event we go to court? And how?

1. yes she does same as you

2. hmm not a good idea until agreement is signed. Why give the ex something to be pissed off at?

3. tell her just to give what meds the kids would need when with you. Those handy dandy pill dispensers are great. If it is liquid then maybe she can save an the bottle from the last time and partial fill it to give to you. As for the bed bug bits have you seen anything?

You ALWAYS need to cover your butt for court.

Comment

There is no reason for you not to take the kids to their GP and have them checked. Get the GP to examine them for bites etc, and at the same time calmly discuss the confusion over the medication. Don't trash your ex, but make sure the doctor knows what is going on.

Personally I wouldn't mention getting the doctor to check for bites, let her make the accusations and then use the medical report to take down her credibility (if you are looking at a another court date.)

Comment

Originally posted by dad962 View Post
        Hello everyone.

I have some general questions- hoping to get answers.
        I am separated nearly a year. No Separation agreement in place but draft has been put together. We share custody and I have greater than 40% access.

1. Does my EX have a say in who watches my children in the event a daycare provider or babysitter is needed?

2. By staying over at my girlfriends's house with the kids put me in risk for anything? We do NOT live there. We visit and stay over a few times a month.

3. Recently she is suggesting that I am not returning items ie Children's meds and even suggesting that my daughter has "bed bug bites" I know there are no "bed bugs", but what should I do?

As I understand, she has recently read the DRAFT separation agreement and disagrees with certain issues. This said, she may be pissed off with me. Do I need to cover my butt in the event we go to court? And how?
        #1: Babysitter and daycare are two separate things. If you have joint custody and the child needs full time daycare then the two of you have an equal say in where the child goes. If, however, you need a babysitter one night, you do not need your ex to ok the sitter. You are considered a responsible parent, able to make decisions in the best interest of your child when they are in your care. UNLESS, that is, there is a stipulation in your agreement that says you must clear babysitters with your ex. In my draft agreement we have an item that states that the other parent has first dibs on looking after the kids if childcare is needed for more than 12 hours or overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by dad962 View Post
          Hello everyone.
          Unless she is stating that in the event you can't look after the kids on your parenting time, she will (right of first refusal), she does not have a say in who you choose to babysit for a couple hours.

She does have a say in daycare provider, and really you both should be using the same one for cost efficiency purposes (that is unless they seem to interfere)

Outside of pissing her off, I see no harm in this. No different then going to a friends cottage or visiting a friend and having a "sleepover" with the kids.

Take a quick inventory of what the kids came with when you get to your house. Make list of it all, and then check when you are packing them up to go home. She starts to suggest you haven't been returning their stuff, you can revert to your lists and say "well, on this date they came with X and returned with Y".

As for bed bugs, have you GP take a look and have clean sheets put on the bed. Not much more you can do to placate an overbearing nutjob.

As I understand, she has recently read the DRAFT separation agreement and disagrees with certain issues. This said, she may be pissed off with me. Do I need to cover my butt in the event we go to court? And how?[/quote]

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X