Back to school...good luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to school...good luck

Back-to-school time...hope it goes relatively drama free for you folks.

Good luck all.

Ditto ^

It's lunch-making time again! Yipee!

Comment

Summer went too fast, although looking forward to the normalcy of the school year after a very eventful summer.

Comment

As both my boys have left her home to attend university, my "drama" is beginning all over again... My motion to change table based child support to s.7 has met fierce and ridiculous resistance.... game on again

But I do wish the rest of you a peaceful and drama free month

Comment

Well two weeks of coaching my son on what to expect at the start of the school year seems to have worked. It only took 15 minutes of calm conversation to get him out the door this morning.

Comment

As least your ex's allow your children to go to school. D4 can't understand why she's not allowed.

It was a sad day today watching all the Junior Kindergarten making their new friends smiling and happy where I work.
            Last edited by LovingFather32; 09-08-2015, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
              As least your ex's allow your children to go to school. D4 can't understand why she's not allowed.

It was a sad day today watching all the Junior Kindergarten making their new friends smiling and happy where I work.

You need to move past this. When you do, D4 will move past it too.

Comment

D4 doesn't social model my feelings on it Rock. I would never show my distaste on the issues in front of her (I think that was your assumption here).

Remember .. there's a D7 here getting ready for school all excited. D4 sees this and says she wants to and asks why she cant. Has nothing to do with my personal feelings on it.

Comment

I get that. But if you speak positively on why she isnt going to school she will start to see her playgroups and time with mom as positive. WE know its not and that JK may be better but this is reality and you need to accept it and move on.

Comment

I do speak positively about it. I speak about all the fun things she will be doing Rock. Thats all I do is speak positive to her. The last thing I would ever want would be for her to feel ripped off in any way.
                    I've accepted it. Just chatting on a site.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post

It's only a sad day if you make up your mind that it is. From the outside, it looks like Mom and Dad disagreed about whether to enroll Kid in a voluntary, non-required pre-school programme. Dad didn't get his way, but that's not a tragedy for either him or Kid. There are years ahead of similar decisions - extracurriculars, sleepaway camp, cellphones, etc - you'll win some and you'll lose some.

Comment

You guys are funny.

My parents (who were not divorced) used to merely tell me: "go ask your mother." That ended the discussion.

Let your ex explain herself (or not) to your daughter. I don't believe in lying as it creates an aura of mistrust which kids pick up on.

We are all guilty of having to be the "heavy" at some point in our kid's lives and I believe we have to be prepared for the flack that comes with making these decisions, right or wrong.

LF32 you do not know your ex's reasons for denying this harmless experience to your daughter. I'd let her deal with it.

Comment

Today was D6's first day back, starting new grade.

Today was also her day with me, but... not until having to pick her up from Mom's house (as currently set out in court order, and of course, after school).

Already expected, but none of her first-day-back info is forwarded with her.

So, another year of the routine;

- Sending the email to Mom, asking that this info be forwarded with D6, thanks, and much appreciated. New grade, fresh start. The email will again, either be ignored, or will get the nasty/ridiculous response(s). Document.

- Go to school directly, and meet with teacher, and office, to have the yearly conversation, setting up the alternate method of trying to get communications. This is a new teacher I'm not familiar with, so will have to get her up to speed, on the "co-parenting" situation here. I usually mention the prior year's teacher as "he/she is familiar with arrangement".

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                            Today was D6's first day back, starting new grade.

Today was also her day with me, but... not until having to pick her up from Mom's house (as currently set out in court order, and of course, after school).

Already expected, but none of her first-day-back info is forwarded with her.

So, another year of the routine;

- Sending the email to Mom, asking that this info be forwarded with D6, thanks, and much appreciated. New grade, fresh start. The email will again, either be ignored, or will get the nasty/ridiculous response(s). Document.

- Go to school directly, and meet with teacher, and office, to have the yearly conversation, setting up the alternate method of trying to get communications. This is a new teacher I'm not familiar with, so will have to get her up to speed, on the "co-parenting" situation here. I usually mention the prior year's teacher as "he/she is familiar with arrangement".
                            Good luck with everything.

The school I work at, it depends on the teacher. Some get really involved, make copies for each parent an put each parents names on ... and others say screw it .. I send stuff home .. the parents have to figure it out. The latter occurs more frequently than the former unfortunately.

Comment

OMG, the whole bringing-teachers-up-to-speed thing reminds me of a couple of years ago when I had to meet with Kid's teachers because there were problems with my Ex not bringing her to school on time. One of them asked "just curious, what does Ex do for a living?". Not really an appropriate question, but I answered anyway, "he's a [high-status profession]". Both teachers thought this was very funny. "No, you're kidding, he can't seriously be a [high-status profession]. Is he even actually employed?". I was in the odd position of having to defend Ex and confirm that yes, he really was a [high-status profession], and actually quite a good one, despite his somewhat odd demeanour and people skills.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X