This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StepMom25

Currently we share care, she forfeits time but we have 50/50. Although it would be my wish if she lived more close to her children and have a week about schedule, with her so far away it is not good for my children. She has turned this into a mathematical equation of the 40% to 50% minimum access which tells me she does not care about the time but the threshold for child support and custodial ownership.

It is more to the fact that children have needs and our responsibility as their parents to do what we can for them. Unfortunately my employment did not facilitate such a great income level, but at the time we survived off our two incomes combined to about $120,000 annually, so it was not too bad.

Now, she and I divorced and moved on. She took her $83,000 a year job and threw it away because she did not like having to pay me child support, even thought it is for our children. She will not see it any other way except it is money she earns that she gives to me.

Why take $83,000 annually, full pension, excellent extended benefits, 5 weeks vacation, over 10 years seniority at a hourly rate of $41.70 per hour and throw it away? Do you not think your children are worth working hard to give them the best we can? If I made that much I would do all I could to keep it for my children's sake if nothing else.

Comment

I have to bring this topic back around because when I recently posted about my husband being served with the Motion to Change, the respondent is trying to make it so that my husband will have to pay back some of the CS she has alredy paid. She is stating that from January - May 2010 she was working fulltime and since may she has lost her fullime employment, so she is requesting th courts to terminate CS for the 8 year old whom they have 50/50 from May 2010 to current and that from May 2010 to Current Child Support be set at $357.00 per month for their son, which means my husband would have to pay her back $1215.00. The Motion will be heard on December 14, and miraculously this week she has decided to employ herself with her casual position (ALL WEEK) and money is flowing for FRO again, which means CS is getting to us. (But if she wins her MOtion to Change we will be tacking on an additional $714 to that $1215 we will have to pay her back. On the flip side she emailied my husband to tell him she was working all week and could not take her daughter for any access time, because she has no babysitter and lives 100km away (even though there is a court order). She stated she is working to pay FRO the money she owes them, ( her kids) and that the 50/50 schedule will resume for next week, when she goes back to NOT working......

Can someone make sense of this?
      <!-- / message -->
      <!-- controls -->

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X