Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:05 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch View Post
Thank you Tayken for weighing in on this.
I did serve on my EX in June 2015 a Form 20 Request for Full disclosure, (using your sticky thread on financial disclosure as reference.) I didn't get anything that I asked for with the exception of an application for a car loan. The reply that I got when I requested bank statements was, "This information is irrelevant as the respondent is not Self-Employed, nor is he claiming undue hardship".
Make sure you attach that to your brief (the request and form 20) and the reply. Then ask the judge to make a technical order for the disclosure of the requested documentation. The judge will probably make an order for the disclosure exactly to the tune of your Form 20 request.

Quote:
It's these little statements that make me see the baloney....my challenge is helping a judge see it too!
You don't need to help the judge. They are experts at frying baloney.

Quote:
I don't want to hire a lawyer as I don't have the income to do so...but I feel like my brain has hit the maximum capacity and is now in overload. You can't fix stupid, however I am trying to fight it.
SC is tomorrow...here's to hoping I have enough to bring to light the errors that have been provided.
Just bring the Form 20 and request the disclosure. Bring 5 copies of it too. One for the record (if filed), one for the judge, one for you and one for the other party and their lawyer.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:17 PM

Busch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Make sure you attach that to your brief (the request and form 20) and the reply. Then ask the judge to make a technical order for the disclosure of the requested documentation. The judge will probably make an order for the disclosure exactly to the tune of your Form 20 request.

You don't need to help the judge. They are experts at frying baloney.

Just bring the Form 20 and request the disclosure. Bring 5 copies of it too. One for the record (if filed), one for the judge, one for you and one for the other party and their lawyer.

I did attach a copy of the Ex's response to my form 20, but didn't include my original request. I will take it with me. Do I verbally ask for the disclosure? Or does it need to be in writing?

I hope Judges love fried baloney as much as I do LOL
Old 03-22-2016, 04:20 PM

Rockscan...thank you for your complement. You have been very helpful in your responses to me over the last 10 months. I do appreciate it! Keep your fingers crossed for me. It will either be a s**t show, or a celebration.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:30 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Your ex is a jerk period. I hope the judge sees through it. Be strong tomorrow!!
Old 03-23-2016, 11:48 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
I did attach a copy of the Ex's response to my form 20, but didn't include my original request. I will take it with me. Do I verbally ask for the disclosure? Or does it need to be in writing?

I hope Judges love fried baloney as much as I do LOL
Yes. Always attach the original request to your brief! That way you can ask for the request to be ordered.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:34 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

How did it go??
Old 03-28-2016, 12:06 PM

HI All,

Well my day in court didn't go the way I had expected. I tip my hat to all that self rep! I completely thought that I had all my ducks in a row and that the judge would rule on all issues. Not so! Ex got CS reduced, even though financial disclosure was never fully provided. My form 20 request went completely unaddressed and when I asked that the court make an order for the disclosure I was told "That information is irrelevant". Arrears of S7 expenses (daycare in amount of 3K) I was told were not to be ruled on as I didn't include them in my original response to the MTC. Only 1 month of CS arrears were ruled on as that's all I had documented in my original response. I made mention to the judge that the arrears continued over the last 10 months to this date and she told me "irrelevant, not in the original response". There were 3 other requests to change that never even got addressed at all in this whole process. We were told we were done and that there was no need to come back at all. I feel like we were left hanging. Sooo many questions, and wonder about what just happened?!
Only thing to do I suppose it to file new application to have S& arrears paid.

So again, to all those that self rep, and are able to walk out of a court room with all issues resolved I commend you. My next step is to research and see if I can find about appealing endorsements.

Last edited by Busch; 03-28-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:25 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Perhaps the judge felt that you had "piggy-backed" your motion onto your ex's?

Did you do a cross-motion?
Old 03-28-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Perhaps the judge felt that you had "piggy-backed" your motion onto your ex's?

Did you do a cross-motion?

I didn't do a cross motion. I know now that is the way I should have gone for the arrears. The only reason I didn't file a cross motion was because I didn't really want the final order to be changed at all....just to be enforced.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:09 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Perhaps I'm missing something. Can you not have your provincial maintenance enforcement agency enforce the arrears?