This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing / Packing Items?

So I found out today that they (kids or someone) is entering my house without my consent and when I am not here. I did change one of the locks, left the other not changed, i dont think it gives them an excuse to come in. I wouldn't really care, but it is getting to much. I don't know why they are coming in but its perhaps clothes for the kids.

I want to clean this place up, and put items away so I don't have to see them everyday to remind me. Can I pack their items in boxes for them? I have a digital camera so I can track what I put in the boxes.

Could I get into trouble for doing this? I am being careful not to damage items and not touch valuable items like the china, dont want to break it.

It's been a month, and I don't think she is coming back? I certainly don't want this place to be used as a storage unit.

thanks

if I was you I would pack up the kids clothes and put the stuff away. can you put it in a storage locker and tell her where it is? That way it is out of the house and they cannot come in, damage it and say you did it. When she wants the stuff from the locker, have the police or someone there to see that she received the property in undamaged codition. Take lots of pictures and make sure that your witness is in them while the ex inspects the stuff. Get her to sign something saying that she received the property in undamaged condition and accepts it the way it is. It is always better to go overboard in protecting yourself then not do enough. I would change all the locks on the house if it was me. Not sure about if it is legal. I would just be worried about coming home and all my stuff was destroyed.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X