This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLIC (Family Law Information Centre)

I am a SAHM and have been so for over 6 years, so I am unemployed and have no income.

People are often posting advice on this forum, suggesting that others visit the Family Law Information Center and Duty Counsel for free legal advice.

I have tried to visit the FLIC and have tried to speak to Duty Counsel at Case Conferences and have been denied because my new husband makes too much money.

I don't know what the cut off is, but have been told you must be able to qualify for Legal Aid before you can utilize these services.
    (Common sense tells me if you qualified for Legal Aid, you would have a Legal Aid Lawyer, and wouldn't need such services ).

So I was wondering if anyone out there knows what the income cut-off is?

Originally posted by representingself View Post
    I am a SAHM and have been so for over 6 years, so I am unemployed and have no income.

People are often posting advice on this forum, suggesting that others visit the Family Law Information Center and Duty Counsel for free legal advice.

I have tried to visit the FLIC and have tried to speak to Duty Counsel at Case Conferences and have been denied because my new husband makes too much money.

I don't know what the cut off is, but have been told you must be able to qualify for Legal Aid before you can utilize these services.
    (Common sense tells me if you qualified for Legal Aid, you would have a Legal Aid Lawyer, and wouldn't need such services ).

So I was wondering if anyone out there knows what the income cut-off is?
    It used to be $40K...not sure anymore...But I know that anyone over a particular amount is not entitled, as those are the ones I volunteer with

Comment

Originally posted by InterprovincialParents View Post
      It used to be $40K...not sure anymore...But I know that anyone over a particular amount is not entitled, as those are the ones I volunteer with
      Well schucks!! All I wanted was a free lawyer like everyone else.

hahaha

Comment

If you are over a certain amount of income, FLICA can only help you with making sure the forms are filled out correctly and procedural information.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X