Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Children born via ivf in common law marriage. Father refuses to acknowledge them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children born via ivf in common law marriage. Father refuses to acknowledge them

Dear all,
    I'm in difficult situation and any help is highly appreciated!
    I've been in common law marriage (or LT relationship). After several years my partner and I decided to have Ivf procedure as could not concieve naturally.
    First attempt failed, second time was successful but then my partner vanished and still no contact for over two years. He doesn't want to acknowledge his children not mentioning their support ; (.
    Father of my children is Canadian though not resident. I don't know where he lives now. I'm from different country and do not reside in Canada as well. I will apply to court in my own country to confirm that my ex partner is father of my children based on hospital documents. How can I get children support even after court's decision? Chasing him around world not possible? Is there any way to help me? Thanks!

You could simply be pregnant from someone else (without procedure).

Father of your children is a non-resident for how long?

Court decision from your country would be sent to Canada if your country is listed below:

Enforcement between provinces, territories and countries

I'm not sure if Canada would do anything as he is a non-resident.
    Last edited by arabian; 10-22-2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

That's pretty sad ; ( feel really helpless.
      The pregnancy and fatherhood can be confirmed by the hospital. Simple arithmetic also can do. Plus what are odds having twins naturally?
      Non resident for a long time but may be now he is more frequent visitor. Also he has high profile there.
      My country is not listed ; (
      Thanks for some clarification!

Comment

But with the court decision I can at least apply for the kids' Canadian citizenship?

Comment

What country are you in?

What part of Canada is the father from?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X