Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:17 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

... FRO suspends drivers' licenses and passports... garnishees wages, government funds (EI, CPP) and in some cases direct from bank accounts.....
Old 08-04-2019, 11:27 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelight View Post
if ex wants to move forward to a hearing on the sole issue of whether or not it should be enforced through FRO.. let them be your guest.
No hearing required. If your order is registered with the court, it can be enforced by FRO.

Quote:
e-transfers are my new FRO once I am working again
Assuming recipient agrees, any form of payment works. If recipient does not agree, she can ask FRO to enforce and your etransfers will now go to FRO instead of directly to the recipient.

Quote:
EX won't find a lawyer to file a motion for it just to be enforced through FRO.
It's not a motion. It is possible that your ex is clueless which would be a good thing for you, but your ideas on how FRO works are mostly incorrect.

Quote:
Heck she couldn't even find a lawyer to help her try and prove me intentionally unemployed after her 2nd lawyer canned her.
Two separate issues:

1) Inputting income

That's a motion. If she wants to prove that you are intentionally unemployed she would need a judge to agree to that one. She does not necessarily need a lawyer

2) Hard for her to get a lawyer

As you said, not your problem

Either way, neither issue has anything to do with FRO
Old 08-09-2019, 01:46 AM

tunnelight has a little shameless behaviour in the past

We already had a motion on the issue of imputing income to me, in which she unsuccessfully self represented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Assuming recipient agrees, any form of payment works. If recipient does not agree, she can ask FRO to enforce and your etransfers will now go to FRO instead of directly to the recipient
FRO can't do anything because the court order they have for us states no child support payable by either party. (Thanks to SHARED CUSTODY)

Last edited by tunnelight; 08-09-2019 at 02:45 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:37 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

For me, when our daughter lived with my ex I paid on time, if not early every single time.
2.5 years ago, custody changed and no order for support was drawn up. in January on a settlement conference we settled the case and my ex and I agreed to a lower amount of CS monthly so that I didn't have to fight. I filed with FRO because I knew she would never pay. To date she has not paid, FRO has a federal garnishment which means that I get bits and pieces of money here and there, nothing close to the amount of CS that is ordered. I found out that Ontario Works (welfare) and Disability are not garnished from FRO, they can take everything else but not those 2. So while she goes further into debt each month, I do not have to chase her around for it. I had a good laugh with the worker as after our daughter finishes school if my ex does not pay she will still owe that debt, and if she stays on Ontario Works or disability they probably will not be able to collect until my ex goes to collect old age pension, so fingers crossed that we both make it that long. Might make for a good downpayment for our daughter to buy a house lol.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:39 PM

At some point in time your ex should lose her drivers' license and passport. Then you might see some activity.

If your ex has never worked then she won't get CPP.

People like your ex are drag on society. Keep tabs on her though - she's likely to work under-the-table at some point and bank accounts can be garnished. Ask FRO when they go after the drivers' license. If she doesn't work she doesn't need one.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
At some point in time your ex should lose her drivers' license and passport. Then you might see some activity.

If your ex has never worked then she won't get CPP.

People like your ex are drag on society. Keep tabs on her though - she's likely to work under-the-table at some point and bank accounts can be garnished. Ask FRO when they go after the drivers' license. If she doesn't work she doesn't need one.
Fairly confident she does not have a license (doesnt stop her from driving). FRO said they can only passively go after her because she is on Ontario Works or Disability. So they can only do a federal garnishment for now, and not take further enforcement action... I forgot about her likely not getting CPP..... I was really hoping for that day and figured I was just playing the long game lol.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:22 PM

Usually one of the first things maintenance enforcement agencies put into place is a personal property registry. Make sure that is on file. Ex buys a car and then tries to dispose of it... it can be payday for you.

You never know. People get lazy and complacent. Tax return refunds and provincial tax incentives. You won't get rich but can be assured she will be pissed that she doesn't get it.

I don't get these people who have kids and then don't contribute to their upbringing.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Usually one of the first things maintenance enforcement agencies put into place is a personal property registry. Make sure that is on file. Ex buys a car and then tries to dispose of it... it can be payday for you.

You never know. People get lazy and complacent. Tax return refunds and provincial tax incentives. You won't get rich but can be assured she will be pissed that she doesn't get it.

I don't get these people who have kids and then don't contribute to their upbringing.
What is the worst/mildly humorous (if I can't laugh what am I doing in this world) is that when the roles were reversed, she demanded child support early and held it over my head and denied access if it was not several days before it was due (I was never late, not once and paid full table amount). When the roles are reversed, she hates the idea of paying so badly.
I will check into the personal property registry. She always seems to use other peoples vehicles but you never know. I have a suspicion that many creditors are after her. When I got the small amount from her doing her tax return, I know she would have been so upset.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:19 AM

tunnelight has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Ex buys a car and then tries to dispose of it... it can be payday for you.
Ex buys car under boyfriends name. Problem solved.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:31 PM

Mother is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadamama View Post
Just went back and had another look - one of the determinants that this "study" uses to make its Fair/Unfair assessment is, "Does the child result in a financial profit or loss to the parent?"

I am sorry I cannot take this seriously at ALL.
Because it doesn't suit you and your agenda. Like a lot of mothers (thank G-d not all) you like your gravy train.