Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We leave small clues about our lives all over the Internet like fingerprints.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We leave small clues about our lives all over the Internet like fingerprints.

For those who claim "privacy" of publicly posted information on Facebook and other Social Media systems:

Unfortunately for Colon, one of his Facebook friends agreed to give police access to Colon's "private" information, and on August 10, a federal judge ruled Colon lost all claims to privacy when he shared those details with friends.

"Colon's legitimate expectation of privacy ended when he disseminated posts to his 'friends' because those 'friends' were free to use the information however they wanted -- including sharing it with the government," the judge wrote.

Leveraging Facebook is just one of many ways law enforcement officials are gleaning evidence from social media to help them solve crimes.

Some "public" information takes a bit of maneuvering to find. Someone can have their Facebook settings as private as possible, but their friends or relatives might not be as savvy, allowing police to collect information by looking at what a suspect posts on their friends' public pages.
    Police embrace social media as crime-fighting tool - CNN.com

Can my ex use my "private" Facebook, Twitter and Social Media in a matrimonial dispute before the court...? Yes.

Excellent reminder! I am very careful what I put on FB and teach my children the same. I hate that anyone can see into your life with a few clicks.

My husbands x airs all her dirty laundry including arguments with the children (all are now adults) on FB. I'm humiliated for them and my husband has intervened on numerous occasions to tell her to remove posts.

Comment

A great reminder

Some people have a habit of doing things they need to hide. Others truly believe in living with integrity, even when nobody is looking. There's a lot to be said for doing the right thing for no other reason than it's the right thing to do - regardless of who is watching.

Comment

Our mom during questioning said she do not have facebook and very rarely play game and use her brother facebook if she need it (yea right). I asked her don't you see that you are added as a sister in you brother profile and as daughter in your father profile?

After questioning she obviously dissapeared from both profiles. What's a point???? I saved all that long time ago including all her wall history (more that 100 pages as I think) before I ask any questions ))

Go figure what those people think ...

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
          Our mom during questioning said she do not have facebook and very rarely play game and use her brother facebook if she need it (yea right). I asked her don't you see that you are added as a sister in you brother profile and as daughter in your father profile?

After questioning she obviously dissapeared from both profiles. What's a point???? I saved all that long time ago including all her wall history (more that 100 pages as I think) before I ask any questions ))

Go figure what those people think ...
          There seems to be some conflicted belief with many potentially highly conflicted people that even before the court, even when they are the Applicant in the matters, that they have "privacy":

If you can’t settle your divorce and custody disputes independently or via a mediator, retired judge or collaborative divorce process and bring your custody case into the Family Law system, you forfeit your right to privacy. Period. When you file bogus emergency ex parte motions and make false allegations to the police and/or a judge, you forfeit your right to privacy. HCPs, by their own unwillingness to cooperate and compulsion to increase conflict, forfeit their right to privacy. Many HCPs don’t understand that the judicial system can cut both ways until they fall prey to their own traps and tricks.

By going to court, the HCP is asking a public system to look at her or his family. The issue of custody in a divorce moves from a private system to a public one. There’s no such thing as privacy in front of the court when there’s a custody or access dispute, therefore, the violation of privacy argument is a non-issue.
          OurFamily Wizard, Part 2: Common Excuses Made by High-Conflict Parents Not to Use OFW and Effective Counter-Arguments l Dr Tara J. Palmatier | Shrink4Men

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X